Reporting to the charity Directors and working closely with the Deputy Director / Operations Manager, the role is a rare opportunity for an experienced, precise and conscientious bookkeeper / administrator to join a dynamic and high-impact team working to protect our global environment and human rights.
EJF has offices and staff in London and Bath, Germany, Belgium, West Africa and Asia. The role is right for you if you’re an energetic, enthusiastic and meticulously organised bookkeeper / administrator who can ensure that EJF’s financial administration and operations run efficiently.
Undertake financial tasks including:
- Dealing with invoices and purchase orders; posting journals in Sage
- Manage petty cash, including reviewing and processing employee and volunteer expenses
- Support the production of financial reporting for internal and external use
- Deposit cheques into the bank
- Collate back-up required from online donations and sales in Stripe, Just Giving, PayPal etc
- Reconcile and process Gift-Aid
- Assist with financial projections analysis and monitoring of expenditure across EJF operations.
Support other administrative needs of the organisation including:
– Ensuring EJF’s offices in Bath and London are secure and well-maintained and IT and communications needs are functioning smoothly: ordering / maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Acting as the main point of contact and welcome at the Bath office, dealing with incoming and outgoing post and couriers, answering phones and ensuring hosted meetings and external communications are efficient.
- Supporting the management of databases, including data inputting.
Essential skills and attributes:
- Very good understanding of accounting and a superb eye for detail; relevant book-keeping training and minimum of three years’ work experience (preferably in charity sector).
- Knowledge of basic computing and IT skills / management of IT systems and / or database.
- Great communication skills – in writing and in person.
- Proactive and solution-oriented, highly organised and self-motivated.
- Enthusiastic, outgoing and friendly, able to work in a small team with minimal supervision.
- Employment or volunteer work in the not-for-profit sector.
- Demonstrable commitment to the protection of the environment and human rights.
- Experience using Sage.