The appointment of the Director of Global Fundraising supports the ASC's ambition to become a marketing-focused organisation, diversify its income and increase its ability to deliver on the organisation's Mission. Reporting into the Director of Operations (currently CEO), this role will work with senior directors across the organisation and takes sole responsibility for building fundraising capacity at the ASC. The position will build on modest (up to 7 figure) success with key partners in the US (e.g Packard, Walton, Moore), UK (e.g Garfield Weston) and Europe (e.g EU Commission).
The Director of Global Fundraising will focus around 75% of their time identifying, cultivating and managing financial commitments from Trusts and Foundations, Major Donors and Individual Giving. They will develop and lead an ambitious fundraising strategy that engages with Donor Organisations, Philanthropists and High Net Worth Individuals with an interest in sustainability, conservation and the support of livelihoods in developing countries.
The successful candidate will develop a pipeline of support across the world that coincides with the organisation's mission, particularly within the ASC's emerging presence across the USA. Currently, ASC activities are almost all met from income generated from use of our logo. We see this position as an investment linked to driving the growth and reach of the ASC beyond current limits, securing resources that allow delivery of key projects and marketing activities to deliver this. We expect there will be a lead-in period where returns are limited whist the successful candidate builds knowledge and spends time cultivating and educating future donors.
The remainder of their time will be spent supporting the organisation at the executive level, working directly with the CEO and wider executive team to support the development of the ASC as a marketing organisation and representing the organisation as required to further this ambition. This will include collaborating with other directors to develop new commercial income streams and monetise existing services. They will also ensure that the ASC's resources, processes and budgets are in place to deliver on the fundraising strategy, compliance requirements and GDPR regulations.
The Successful Applicant
We're looking for an ambitious & entrepreneurial fundraising expert with tangible achievements within the following areas:
- Track record of raising six and seven-figure grants and gifts.
- Knowledge of the funding landscape in the USA and globally, with the network and ability to quickly position ASC within that landscape.
- Broad understanding of successful engagement with Trusts, Foundations & Major Donors. Knowledge and experience within Individual Giving is a plus but not essential.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver compelling stories linking organisational delivery to funder ambitions.
- Successful development of joint applications for collaborative projects with like-minded organisations.
- Willingness to lead with flexibility, resilience, creativity and calmness.
What's on Offer
- ASC is a virtual organisation but do have a London office if you would like to have a combination of home and office working.
- Salary c.£80k dependent on experience.
- Permanent, full-time opportunity with part-time arrangements considered.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.