Support Integration Officer
ACH is a social enterprise that provides a range of integration and support services for refugees. During the past ten years, we’ve grown from a small-scale housing organisation to a leading provider of integration, employment and housing services for refugees and newly arrived communities in the UK.
Through our training subsidiary, Himilo Training, we are successfully expanding our services to deliver training, development and employment opportunities to the broader communities in which we operate. Building upon our award-winning #RethinkingRefugee campaign, we aim to progress 25,000 individuals towards median-salary employment over 10 years.
We are currently looking for a Support Integration Officer to join us on a full-time basis.
- Salary of £19,000 – £24,000 per annum
- Travel expenses
- Mobile phone and laptop
- 25 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- Company sick pay
If you have experience of working with people who have support needs, this is a great opportunity to join a social enterprise that provides life-changing services to refugees and newly arrived immigrants.
You will have the chance to support the success of initiatives that are helping our tenants to gain confidence, build their resilience and acquire the skills they need to work towards greater independence.
As a Support Integration Officer, you’ll help to deliver resettlement support packages for refugees using our housing services.
Specifically, you’ll support the delivery of a range of support and involvement activities to a high standard, including housing, employment and skills training. You’ll help tenants to achieve economic wellbeing, remain healthy, stay safe and make a positive contribution to society.
Reporting to the Support Integration Team Leader, you will:
- Help to process and assess potential tenants’ applications
- Work with tenants to establish a support plan
- Ensure the welfare of tenants is protected
- Help tenants to build and maintain constructive relationships and social networks
- Build relationships with organisations that may benefit tenants
- Take part in the staff rota to cover out-of-hours requirements
To join us as a Support Integration Officer, you will need:
- At least two years’ experience and knowledge of working with people with support needs
- Experience of supporting people using assessment and support planning tools
- An understanding of the reasons why people become homeless and the needs and challenges they face
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work well under pressure
Other organisations may call this role Resettlement Officer, Refugee Support Worker, Support Worker, Supported Housing Officer, or Supported Accommodation Officer.
ACH and Himilo Training are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Support Integration Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.