Business Development Officer (Supporting Community Enterprises)
Covering the South East
Build a fairer society……unlock your potential with Locality.
Locality is a national network supporting community organisations to be strong and successful. Our network stretches across England, brings together like-minded people and creates belonging, connection and community spirit.
Our Services Team represent the core of Locality and work directly with community organisations to help them be strong and successful and transform the lives of people in the area. They also work with local authorities and other institutions who interface with community organisations to enable them to work better by harnessing the power of community.
We are currently looking for a Development Officer to join our Services Team, based within or within travelling distance of the South East region.
- Salary of £31,210 - £35,850 per annum (depending on location)
- 25 days’ holiday
- Enhanced pension contribution
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
If you have experience of providing consultancy services, business advice and support to a range of community sector organisations, this is a brilliant opportunity to join an ambitious organisation that’s making a difference to communities across the UK.
We have recently been awarded an Investors in People Gold accreditation, which reflects the results of our own survey where all staff felt that Locality was a great employer. You’ll find inspiration from a passionate team of colleagues, as well as from our member organisations, who are all working towards the goal of a fairer society.
We work with amazing and talented individuals who want to change the world through the power of community; if you’re one too, please apply.
As a Development Officer, you’ll help community organisations throughout the South East to achieve their goals.
You’ll deliver high-quality consultancy, business advice and support to members, community organisations and other stakeholders, including local authorities. This may be on a one-to-one basis, or through training, workshops or similar.
Some of your duties will include:
- Supporting business development and income generation activities
- Providing high quality business support for community-based organisations and other stakeholders
- Building relationships, including partnerships and alliances, to support Locality’s vison, values and ambitions
To join us as a Development Officer, you will need:
- Experience of providing consultancy services and advice to community sector organisations on matters relevant to their sector
- Previous experience of winning contracts and funding bids and meeting financial and other targets
- An in-depth understanding of community organisations and/or enterprises
- Knowledge in at least one of the following: community business planning (incl. start-ups), governance and legal structures, property related developments (incl. community asset transfer), impact measurement, evaluation, community engagement, supporting investment readiness and access to funding (e.g. grants, loans and community shares)
Other organisations may call this role Community Development Officer, Enterprise Advisor, Community Enterprise Advisor, Enterprise Development Advisor, Business Advisor, or Business & Enterprise Advisor.
The post is full time, however, in line with our flexible working policies, if you would like to suggest alternative arrangements, just let us know.
The closing date for applications is the 12th April 2021.
The sector in which Locality works is often dominated by people from white privileged backgrounds. We are looking for people that bring a different perspective so that we better reflect the communities we serve. We particularly welcome applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in our organisation and sector, such as disabled people and people from Black, Asian and minoritized ethnic communities.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Development Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.