An exciting opportunity has arisen to work as part of our growing Finance team, to help build our capability to drive financial innovation and accelerate our capability to achieve our goals as an organisation.
This is an exciting time to join Stewardship as our growth ambition, is to increase the flow of funds to churches and Christian charities to beyond £250 million a year by 2025, and to extend the joy of generosity to new generations.
As Senior Finance Business Partner, your role will be critical, in achieving this mission – using your partnering abilities and financial management expertise to deliver a step-change in growth, identifying opportunities and aiding decision making.
This will be a role that will help you grow as a finance professional, a Christian and a leader, and if you’d love to use your skills to help increase the flows of generosity to the Church and Christian causes to transform the world, get in touch.
Main responsibilities and duties include, but will not be limited to:
- Budgeting and Forecasting – Lead this process, working with budget owners across the organisation, to ensure the budget and long-range forecasts ensure strategic alignment of resources. This includes not only the delivery of the annual budgeting process but the design and implementation of revised forecasts throughout the financial year itself.
- Management Accounts & Information – Oversight and design of the management accounts to present information to budget holders, senior leadership and trustees. This includes designing and producing high-quality information and analytics to monitor performance against budget, understanding the key drivers of those variances, working to proactively manage risks and identify opportunities.
- Business Partnering – Provide financial expertise, guidance and support across the organisation as required, challenging and influencing thoughts and existing practices where required. This includes providing financial and commercial insight and challenge to ensure the best value for money and assisting budget holders in building business cases for investment spend within their areas.
- Financial Project Support – Provide finance project support to strategic organisation-wide initiatives as directed by the CFO (e.g. cost allocation project, pricing strategy or other process improvement initiatives)
- Line Management – Responsible for the staff development and line management of the Finance Business Partner.
- Other duties as directed by the CFO.