This Newark Hospice provides personalised care for people and their families when every moment matters. We aim to achieve outstanding hospice care, enabling our local communities to live well and die well.
Our next Chief Executive Officer, working in partnership with the Board of Trustees, will be responsible for the overall success of our charity. They will work in partnership with the Board of Trustees to determine and manage any operational action required. They will lead the leadership team who are responsible for implementing strategy and business plans, ensuring high standards of financial stewardship, regulatory compliance and service delivery.
Key details: Chief Executive Officer (3 days per week)
Salary: £50k-£55k FT pro rata to £30k-£32k
Amongst other criteria, the successful candidate will have:
- Able to demonstrate a profound understanding and empathy for, the vital care and support that the hospice offers to its patients, carers and families
- Track record of experience at CEO or Director level
- Track record of general fundraising and/or submitting funding applications.
- Experience of commissioning, with evidence of working with commissioners either NHS or Local Authorities.
- Inspirational leadership skills, with proven track record of leading senior teams to achieve significant targets within agreed timescales and budgets, including creating a positive working culture
We encourage applicants who are from underrepresented groups with protected characteristics, as we value having a diverse pool of applicants to find the best candidate.
If you would like to receive an Information Pack for this role with details on how to apply, please send an expression of interest and (optional but appreciated) a CV or professional profile in confidence to our consultant Aled Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For an informal and confidential conversation about this position, please contact Aled at the above address with your number and suitable times to speak. You can also call on 0207 820 7301 but please be aware the line can be busy so a pre-arranged call is the best way to ensure availability.
Please note: responding to this advertisement will not in itself be considered an application. We will need a CV and a supporting statement addressing the full person specification in the information pack.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Monday 12th April 2021.