One Community is an independent charity, established in 1978, supporting the voluntary and community sector in Eastleigh and Fareham. We have grown to also provide a range of care, transport and information services aimed at improving quality of life and helping our communities to flourish.
Following our CEO’s decision to retire in September 2021, the Board of Trustees is now seeking an exceptional individual to take up the reins and ensure the Charity’s legacy for the future.
Key detail: This post is available in September 2021
If you are the ideal candidate you will have:
- Experience of leading and managing a complex organisation.
- Experience of managing organisational finances including drawing up and managing budgets, making grant and tender applications & negotiating contracts.
- Experience of selecting, managing and supporting staff.
- Experience of one or more of the areas of work of One Community.
- Experience of inter-agency work & liaising effectively with professionals from other agencies.
- Experience of strategy and project development and drawing up business plans and work programmes.
- Experience of business development including identifying new strategic opportunities, managing existing partnerships and generating income.
- Knowledge and understanding of the voluntary and community sector and the issues they face, together with good practice in charity governance.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant statutory agencies and how they operate.
- Demonstrable ability and understanding of working within an equality and diversity framework.
You will also ideally have the following attributes:
- Ability to think strategically and to analyse the wider environment.
- Ability to embrace change and to manage the process of change.
- Ability to analyse information and challenge current thinking.
- Ability to create and lead an organisation and a team and motivate others.
- Able to make difficult but the right decisions in the circumstances and to deal with the consequences thereof.
- Ability to empathise & engage with and communicate clearly with a variety of people with differing needs.
- Ability to manage a changing workload and work under pressure.
- Ability to promote the work of One Community.
- Ability to drive and have access to a car.
- Good working knowledge and application of Microsoft Office.
- Awareness of relevant regulations, in particular Health & Safety and Safeguarding.
One Community is an equal opportunities employer, and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.