Merchants Quay Ireland wishes to recruit a Digital Fundraising and Communications Co-Ordinator within it's dynamic Fundraising and Communications Department. Reporting directly to the Head of Fundraising and Communications, the successful candidate will have one direct report.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and delivering MQI’s digital strategy to meet fundraising and communications objectives. This role involves a significant amount of working across several teams to pull together a cohesive digital programme.
- Develop strategies for email, search, display, paid social and other digital marketing channels. Manage the cost effective and timely execution of digital fundraising & communications campaigns and optimization projects from beginning to end.
- Manage relationships with digital marketing suppliers (including email platform provider, online search and display agencies, digital creative agencies) to ensure they are aligned with MQI objectives and deliver to agreed KPIs.
- Take a key role in the budgeting and reforecasting process for the digital programme. Make investment cases for new activity and growth to support decision making across the digital programme. (strategic nature of this role is implied and highlighted here too)
- Monitor and report on digital fundraising and communications campaigns to ensure KPIs are met.
- Design and maintain digital dashboard and prepare monthly performance reports.
- Provide context and insight for digital reporting documents, covering specific campaigns and the overall programme.
- Use reporting and analysis to monitor and optimize the programme, keep colleagues and management informed, and support decision making.
- Work closely with the wider fundraising and communications team to ensure online and offline fundraising campaigns are integrated and digital channels are used effectively for retention and development of supporters.
- Take lead responsibility for the operational running of the digital programme, including managing and developing the Communications Officer and delivering exceptional experiences for donors.
- Identify potential new and innovative digital activities to recruit new supporters and maximize long-term net income, developing business cases and implementing tests as required.
- Maintain awareness and understanding of relevant developments within the wider homeless and addiction sectors
- Undertake other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time.
Experience & Qualifications:
- 5+ years devising and implementing successful digital strategies
- Demonstrable experience of developing and delivering successful digital experience to include: acquisition social marketing campaigns (FB, Insta.) Email and SEO (PPC, Display etc.)
- High proficiency in all core digital marketing platforms (Analytics, AdWords etc.)
- Experience of delivering and analyzing integrated multi-media campaigns that generate income.
- Excellent management and leadership skills with the ability to build strong relationships, based on mutual respect and trust, and ensure that the relationships thrive under pressure.
- Proven experience of effective financial management, including creating, presenting and interrogating business cases; proposing, managing and reforecasting budgets; providing financial narrative and reconciling results.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills. Robust, confident, ‘can-do’ attitude that thrives on challenges and remains calm under pressure.
- Experience of working for a non-profit organization is desirable.
- Communications Officer (direct report)
- Donor development co-ordinator
- Donor retention co-ordinator
- Individual Giving Manager
- Major Giving Manager
- Head of Fundraising & Communications
- Email Platform supplier
- Digital Media agencies
- Other digital suppliers
Salary Scale: €37,000-€45,000 per annum (circa £31,700 - £38,500)
Hours: 39 hours per week
Annual Leave: 26 days (+ service related days)
Duration: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Fundraising & Communications Department, Head office, Merchants Quay, Dublin 8.
As this is a new job description, Management reserves the right to amend or change this job description to meet organizational needs.
What does Merchants Quay Ireland offer as an employer?
- Fulfilling and Challenging work
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Minimum 26 days Annual Leave
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme (after 6 months)
- Death In Service Benefit (from commencement of employment)
- Line Management Supervision
- Learning and Development Programme
- Paid Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity, Parental, Adoptive, Force Majeure and Compassionate Leave)