We are seeking a motivated, self-starter who is passionate about supporting young people through relationships education to join our team in Hampshire as a part time Local Development Officer.
We are a small, friendly educational charity which provides young people with the time and space to explore how to create and sustain happy, healthy and loving long-relationships. Our youth-led sessions are facilitated by our specially trained team of Local Development Officers and provide a rare opportunity for young people to ask adults about their experiences of relationships and marriage in order to inform how they might approach relationships for themselves in the future.
This role is part time and flexible. Exact hours will be agreed with the successful candidate and we anticipate hours being approximately 20 hours per week during school term time (this means working 39 out of 52 weeks per year). This role would initially be a six month contract however we would expect to be able to convert to a permanent contract after that time.
The Local Development Officer role involves:
- Engaging with secondary schools in your region, to promote our mission and sessions
- Engaging with other settings, such as alternative learning settings and youth clubs, to promote our mission and sessions
- Negotiating session pricing with schools, using the guidance provided (our fees for schools are heavily subsidised through our grants)
- Coordinating, planning and leading on sessions, including facilitating some sessions, with the support of volunteers and other colleagues where needed
- Recruiting high quality volunteers
- Communicating regularly with existing Explore volunteers in your region to keep them engaged in our mission and their role within our work
- Reporting to schools, volunteers and colleagues on the impact of each session using electronic feedback requests developed by Explore
- Providing regular progress reports to your Line Manager, the Operations Manager
Skills, Experience & Qualities we are seeking:
Skills & Experience:
- Essential: Experience of agreeing fees for a service
- Essential: Able to talk to those outside the organisation about Explore and bring them on board as partners, customers or volunteers
- Essential: Ability to connect and engage with young people
- Essential: Confident with taking part in video conferencing and leading meetings on virtual platforms
- Desirable: Experience of working in the education sector in some form
- Desirable: Ability to facilitate, coach, mentor and / or teach (training available)
- Resilient and patient, with the ability to adapt to unfolding situations
- Always acts with integrity
- Has a good sense of humour
- Strong active listening skills and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a remote, home based team
We are an equal opportunities employer and our Equalities Policy is published on our website. We are registered as an education charity and have a Christian ethos. Applications are welcome and encouraged from individuals of all faiths and no faith.
Applicants must hold a UK driving license and have access to a car for work.
This role is home based however the successful candidate will be required to travel within their region regularly and will be expected to attend occasional team meetings / training days further afield. Hours can be worked flexibly across the week with school hours working possible.