School Ground Sounds (SGS) uses the power of music and inspiring programmes to transform the lives of young people from disadvantaged backgrounds. Join our young team and support our ambitions to grow.
Using a network of over 70 music industry professionals and youth workers, we offer engaging, top quality programmes in a highly welcoming and supportive environment. The programmes are for both 11 – 16 year olds in schools or youth centres and for 16 – 24 year olds (often NEET) with an interest in music. The programmes don’t just develop musical talent - they build young people’s confidence and life skills, supporting their transition into adulthood.
In the coming three years, in response to the increasing need and demand we are looking to grow the number of programmes that we run. To enable this expansion we are looking for a dedicated Fundraising and Communications Manager at 2 days a week, to join our core team of 6 (mostly part-time).
The role will involve:
- The development and delivery of our fundraising strategy across all sources
- Management of key funder relationships
- Management of our external communications aimed at funders, including our website and newsletters.
More detail on SGS and the role is provided in the attached Job Specification.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Strong relationship skills, able to build and maintain effective funding relationships
- Well organised and able to deliver on agreed commitments
- Excellent attention to detail
- A self-starter, able to set own priorities and manage own time
- A team player, supportive and collaborative
- Ability to work with spreadsheets, e.g. of budget numbers or outcomes analysis
- At least 3-5 years experience of fundraising for charities
- Strong experience in researching potential funders and in writing and submitting grant applications to Trusts & Foundations
Desirable skills/experience (we do not expect candidates to have all of these)
- Knowledge of the music industry
- Contacts in the music industry
- Experience in attracting corporate sponsors
- Experience in attracting major donors
- Experience in managing external communications
- Knowledge of website design and development
- Knowledge and experience in making use of social media platforms, such as Instagram and Twitter
We invite applicants to submit their CV and a cover letter explaining their interest and suitability for the role. The timetable is:
- Receipt of applications: 8 March - 2 April 2021
- First interviews: w/c 12 April
- Second interviews & make offer, subject to references: w/c 19 April