Children's disability charity is seeking a Head of Media & PR to lead its media team to make sure it maximises impact against the organisation's strategy. The post holder will initiate, plan and manage the delivery of newsworthy, tailored, national and local media campaigns which capture the attention of key stakeholders and drive change for deaf children and young people. The role is wide-ranging; supporting campaigns, fundraising, service delivery and international work as part of Deaf Child Worldwide.
- Design and deliver the long term media strategy and annual media plan for the National Deaf Children's Society and Deaf Child Worldwide, aligned with the marketing communications strategy and organisation's strategic objectives.
- Manage the media and PR team. Inspire, line manage, coach and support the team, and manage the media and PR budget, including reforecasting and regular review against planned activity.
- Initiate strategies and manage the implementation of plans to develop celebrity supporters and case study stories in order to support the achievement of the charity's objectives.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Significant media relations experience, with proven ability to handle sensitive issues and achieve successful media coverage for projects and campaigns.
- Excellent written skills with the ability to compose compelling news releases, blogs, op-eds, and executive-level communications such as speeches, with consistent attention to detail and strong editing and proof-reading skills.
- Experience of reputational risk and issues management.
- Confident in using a range of digital tools to communicate with stakeholders and maximise the reach of media activity.
- Experience of staff supervision with a track record of supporting less experienced staff to achieve their objectives.
Our client strives to provide an accessible recruitment process. If a disability or long term condition makes it difficult for you to complete our application form, please contact us to discuss alternative formats. If you require reasonable adjustments for taking part in the interview, please indicate this in your personal statement.
Our client is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to offering interviews to candidates who request to be considered under the disability confident scheme and meet the minimum requirements of the person specification.
Our client is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young adults and expects staff and volunteers to share that commitment.
Our client is also committed to promoting work-life balance amongst our staff.