A long-established education charity – dedicated to educational advancement since the 1950s and devoted to promoting quality education across the globe.
We work on the evidence that a teacher has more impact on learning outcomes than any other factor, and the better their knowledge, teaching practices and relationships with students, the more will be learnt.
Fundraising for the first time, the Trust requires an experienced leader who can develop and deliver a fundraising strategy that will drive growth and significantly increase income. We have already started to create the foundations for this with the creation of our Founders Circle and our School Partnership Programme. However, in order to achieve long term impact and sustainability, our new CEO will proactively identify and secure new funding, delivery and EdTech partnerships.
JOB TITLE: Chief Executive Officer - A long-established education charity that promotes teachers' professional development across the Commonwealth
SALARY: circa £60,000
LOCATION: UK based, no fixed office with meetings that take place in London with some international travel
Alongside other criteria, the successful candidate will have:
- Passion for education, education technology and the benefits that it brings to society generally
- Demonstrable experience of leadership at CEO or senior director level at an organisation of comparable scale and complexity
- Experience of operating at Board level and capable of working with and alongside the Board
- Excellent knowledge of business development, with a successful track record of leading income growth through personal relationships
- Proven experience of developing and implementing wide-reaching strategies that successfully deliver objectives
- Collaborative leader who enjoys developing and getting the best out of teams as a unit and as individual
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining strategic senior relationships
We encourage applicants who are from underrepresented groups with protected characteristics, as we value having a diverse pool of applicants to find the best candidate.
If you would like to receive an Information Pack for this role with details on how to apply, please send an expression of interest and (optional but appreciated) a CV or professional profile in confidence to our consultant, Aled Morris at email@example.com.
For an informal and confidential conversation about this position, please contact Aled at the above address with your number and suitable times to speak. You can also call on 0207 820 7301 but please be aware the line can be busy so a pre-arranged call is the best way to ensure availability.
Please note: responding to this advertisement will not in itself be considered an application. We will need a CV and a supporting statement addressing the full person specification in the information pack.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Monday 29th March 2021.