Funding and Project Development Officer – Part Time
Exmoor House, Dulverton, Somerset
One Year Fixed-Term Contract
22.2 hours (3 days) per week
Exmoor National Park Authority manages a unique and beautiful part of the country that has been shaped by nature and people over thousands of years.
Our vision is to ensure Exmoor National Park has a thriving living landscape and is a place where people can enjoy and benefit from Exmoor’s special qualities and sustainable communities. Our Rural Enterprise Team plays a key role in the achievement of this vision and make a real difference to our local communities.
We’re currently looking for a Funding and Project Development Officer to join the team for a one year fixed-term contract. This is a part-time role, working 22.2 hours per week.
- Salary of £25,991 - £29,577 pro rata
- Government pension
- Flexible working
- Family friendly schemes
- Paid sickness leave
- Social events
- 27 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays pro rata
If you have experience of delivering external funding strategies, this is a brilliant opportunity to support the success of our National Park and enable us to continue protecting this amazing part of the country.
We believe in promoting a healthy work-life balance and providing a welcoming, collaborative culture where staff have the flexibility, freedom and support they need to thrive.
Based in a beautiful, wooded valley beside the River Barle, we have one of the world’s most breathtaking work environments where staff can often go out for lunchtime walks to enjoy the clean country air, recharge and admire Exmoor’s beauty.
As a Funding and Project Development Officer, you will help to identify and secure external funding for Exmoor National Park Authority.
Reporting to the Rural Enterprise Manager, you will develop project ideas that will help to achieve the priorities of our Partnership Plan. Encouraging input from across the Authority, you’ll help to create project concepts, funding bids and delivery plans.
You will also:
- Provide signposting and funding advice to colleagues and partner organisations
- Maintain a live overview of project concepts and bids that we’ve submitted or supported
- Keep abreast of relevant funding opportunities
- Support thedelivery of the Authority’s Partnership Fund and CareMoor for Exmoor scheme
To join us as a Funding and Project Development Officer, you will need:
- Experience of researching and developing project plans and funding bids
- A proven track record of developing and successfully implementing effective external funding strategies
- Experience of successfully sourcing external funding from grant schemes, corporate donations, and individual giving
- A good understanding of current funding opportunities and mechanisms relevant to the National Park at local, regional and national levels
- Experience of working with communities and/or businesses to build capacity
- Strong admin and report writing skills
- An understanding of rural development context and principles
- A driving licence or the ability to travel independently to remote areas of the National Park
Other organisations may call this role Funding Officer, Funding Co-ordinator, External Funding Officer, Project Co-ordinator, Programme Development Officer, Project Development Officer, or Grants and Funding Officer.
The closing date for applications is the 1st April 2021.
As a service provider and local employer, Exmoor National Park Authority is committed to promoting equal opportunities and tackling social exclusion in everything it does. The Authority recognises its statutory equality duties under legislation in terms of service provision and employment and is committed to meeting them.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Funding and Project Development Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.