Synergos is a global organization helping solve complex issues by advancing Bridging Leadership which builds trust and collective action. We believe in the power of building trust - it’s how we create regenerative solutions.
The Synergos’ Global Philanthropists Circle (GPC) is a network of families from more than 30 countries who share Synergos’ commitment to create a more just, equitable, peaceful and regenerative world. The GPC is a brave space for leaders to come together, imagining new ways to address our society’s most pressing needs. Our work is underpinned by a belief that philanthropy is at its most impactful when it is rooted in humility, inclusion, and trust. Our global, remote team of 12 is based out of New York, San Francisco, Sao Paulo, Prague, Johannesburg and Hong Kong.
What we do:
- Steward members through curated membership journeys
- Convene members through a regular series of in-person and virtual events.
- Catalyze collective action through member connections, partnerships, and our collaborative communities.
We are seeking a part-time independent contractor (remote) to join the GPC team to support our collective action activities and communications. This engagement is part of the Collaborative Communities grant that will run for a period of one year. The role will suit someone that loves collaborative teamwork while also working remotely and taking initiative.
You will be working with the GPC at a unique moment in time. We continue to conduct activities virtually until at least fall 2021. Our activities and individual member engagement are all focused on helping the community take on the world’s most urgent challenges through transformative actions. This year also marks our 20th anniversary.
Our collective action activities include our Cultivate Action digital programming track, as well as four active collaborative communities that bring members together around specific topics for learning, sharing, and collaboration. Current community topic areas include climate, dialogue, mindfulness, and food systems.
- Manage GPC Cultivate Action programming track project from inception to completion.
- Organize and coordinate all logistics of sessions including speaker invitations, registration, tech; and working with communications to create marketing materials.
- Coordinate one-time Cultivate Action session at the Synergos Global Gathering, including speaker outreach, scheduling, and briefing; registration and RSVP management; outreach; and follow-up.
- Coordinate GPC Collaborative Communities
- Update general collaborative community tasks and workstreams in our project management system, tracking progress against deadlines and milestones.
- Support GPC collaborative community leads with program design and research.
- Set collaborative community meetings and coordinate program implementation.
- Produce, facilitate, and track communications to collaborative communities.
- Liaise and collaborate specific communications tasks.
- With Communications and GPC Managing Director, coordinate frequent website updates.
- Coordinate social media material and posting.
- Coordinate the Synergos GPC online member platform, including managing member sign-ups and usage, posting materials and updates, and
- Experience of working in a communications and administrative role for at least two years, ideally in a philanthropic or other client setting.
- Experience with philanthropy, social impact, community development, and / or movement building activities a plus.
- Detail oriented, with outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent writer, verbal communicator, and listener
- Good copywriting skills with strong attention to detail.
- Understanding of web design and social media.
- Ability to work within a team structure as well as independently, be flexible, resourceful and can take initiative.
- Commitment to high ethical standards and data confidentiality
- Ability to model Synergos’ values including empathy, humility, integrity, collaboration, and personal reflection.
- Fluency in English; other languages are a plus.
- Engagement Requirement: 80% time required (4 days per week)
- Fully remote
- May require domestic and international travel. (NB: Synergos has postponed all staff travel until further notice).
- Preferred location in the United Kingdom or South Asia
Synergos is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex (including gender identity, nonconformity, presentation or expression), sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic made unlawful to consider by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
In addition, Synergos is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If you require an accommodation in connection with your application or are contacted for an employment opportunity and require accommodation,
To apply: Send your resume and a cover letter to email. Applications are being considered on a rolling basis with a deadline of Mar 28, 2021.