Supporter Engagement Officer
£25,053.50 per annum
Closing Date: Thursday 18 March 2021 at 11:59pm
Do you want a rewarding career where you can really make a difference?
Are you an experienced customer services professional with skills that would benefit a leading mental health charity? If so, you may be the person we are looking for.
We’re Rethink Mental Illness, a leading charity provider of mental health services in England. We support thousands of people through our groups, services, policy, campaigns and advice and information. Our work supports us in delivering on our mission: “A better life for everyone severely affected by mental illness.”
We have an exciting opportunity for a Supporter Engagement Officer to join our established and friendly Fundraising team. You will join us on a permanent contract working full time, 35 hours per week. Due to the pandemic you will initially be home based until our head office reopens, at which point you will be working at our London office in Vauxhall.
In everything we do, we seek to demonstrate our values: Passion, Commitment, Openness, Hope, Expertise and Understanding. If these values resonate with you, we would love to hear from you.
What will you be doing?
You will ensure that supporters have a positive experience when engaging with the charity. In addition you will also,
- Respond to all supporter queries and donations, complaints, requests and queries through post and telephone. Ensuring all standards and lead times KPIs are met. Complete the Fundraising Regulator annual complaints returns as required.
- Using a CRM system to ensure all contact with supporters is recorded. Ensuring supporter preferences and records are held and all communications comply with relevant regulations and our own policies
- Working closely with the Fundraising Managers and Finance team, develop best practice Supporter Care processes and documentation. Support the development and fulfilment of supporter journeys
- Ensure our Rethink Mental Illness and Mental Health UK In Memory supporters are communicated with sensitivity and in a timely manner, including supporting events held by family members and friends
- Co-ordinate the design and copy for the In Memory campaigns and materials, to ensure each one reflects our brand values
- Maintain stock levels and fulfilment of Christmas Card orders
- Support Individual Giving Manager with production and distribution of Rethink Mental Illness’ twice yearly supporter newsletter
Do you have what we are looking for?
- An effective communicator in both oral and written English, able to write in a succinct, structured way, and able to communicate sensitive issues clearly to non-specialist audiences
- Experience of working in a customer focused role, ideally a fundraising role
- Experience of data entry for the purpose of updating and maintaining databases.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, able to work well, proactively and unsupervised under pressure to deadlines, to prioritise workload, to be self-servicing administratively
- Highly proficient use of business IT systems including Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and databases
- The ability to process large amounts of information quickly and accurately
- Sound understanding of relevant fundraising regulations and data protection regulation
Ideally we would like you to have;
- Experience in working with CRM systems, preferably Salesforce / IMIS.
- Sound understanding of relevant fundraising regulations and data protection regulation, including GDPR
- Understanding of social media and integrating that with digital marketing
What will you receive?
You will have plenty of opportunities to enhance your abilities with the chance to make a real difference every day. In addition, you will have excellent development opportunities including funded training, career development and a range e-learning courses. You will also receive:
- Starting salary of £25,053.50 rising to £28,336.13 per annum through increments
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance and employee assistance programme
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Your "Rethink Day" - 1 day’s additional leave (pro rata) on your Birthday
- Eyecare vouchers
- Flexible working
Don’t just change jobs, change lives!
The Talent and Diversity Specialist looking after this role is Daniele Jean Brennan. If you have any questions about the position, please feel free to drop us an email.
We welcome applications from everyone, applicants with lived experience, those who are Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning+ (LGBTQ+), people with a disability, or those from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds are actively encouraged to apply. We are proud to have also been awarded Disability Confident employer status. We have an ambition of becoming an anti-racist organisation and we recognise there is more to do in ensuring our recruitment is fair and inclusive, which is why we are recruiting new roles in helping us to achieve this. Please be mindful that we may need to close adverts early if we receive a high volume of applications, we therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible. If a shortened closing date has a significant impact on your ability to apply, please let us know.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Supporter Engagement Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Engagement Officer, Community Engagement Officer, Supporter Engagement Assistant, Supporter Engagement Lead, Supporter Engagement Manager, or Community Engagement Lead.