Organisational Aims: Sixty-One’s objective is to enable offenders lead meaningful crime free lives by enabling the community (primarily churches and their members) to provide the relational and practical support they need. We work within the Greater Bristol area.
Job Purpose: To raise funds from Charitable Trusts towards our running costs.
Place in Organisation Structure: The post holder will report to the Director.
Key Internal Relationships: Director, Office Manager and MentorMe Manager.
- With the Director create and implement a fundraising plan that enables Sixty-One to raise £150 – 200k each year from local and national charitable trusts and foundations.
- To build relationships with trusts leading to significant financial support.
- To meet the annual financial target set by the Director/Trustees by managing the trust portfolio and securing financial commitment.
- To organise visits to meet trust personnel so that relationships can be developed, including arranging meetings between Sixty-One’s Director and key trust contacts.
- To research and target suitable trusts to approach for funding, using internal and external data.
- To maintain and develop contact with trustees, administrators, and correspondents of Sixty-One’s trust donors and major prospects.
- To update current donors on the progress of grants, supplying any information requirements that they may have specified, and abiding by required timescales.
- As delegated by the Director, to ensure that all reporting requirements are met.
- With the Director establish and organize occasional donor events, such as receptions, presentations and lunches. It unlikely that there would be more than one of these per year.
- To attend fundraising and other Sixty-One events where appropriate.
- To communicate progress to the Director on a monthly basis, and disseminate information to relevant parties.
- To occasionally assist the Director with other fundraising and friend raising activities.
- To ensure that trust fundraising activities are consistent with the organisation’s core objectives and values.
- To ensure that all fundraising activities are carried out in a manner which protects and enhances the reputation of Sixty-One.
- To manage and maintain an accurate, comprehensive and up-to-date database of applications for funding, of the responses received, sums involved, limitations (or restrictions) applicable and to ensure that we comply with data protection and all other relevant legislation.
- The Trust Fundraiser is expected to be self-supporting and produce their own written material.
- Working in a small organisation the post holder will be expected to show flexibility and assist with occasional organisational projects and events as guided by the Director.
- Any other task related to the job.
- Sixty-One is a prayerful Christian charitable organisation (our name is taken from the bible: Isaiah 61). Our objective is to build God’s Kingdom by reaching out to the ‘poor’. In our case, offenders. As such all employees need to be able to fully support our Christian values. www.sixty-one.org/our-values
- Positive and optimistic individual who is resourceful and is a team player.
- A self-starter who enjoys the challenge of creatively presenting fundraising requests to trusts.
- Logical and clear thinker.
- At least two years’ successful trust fundraising experience including researching trusts.
- Excellent written skills, in particular experience of writing complex and high impact funding proposals.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other partner organisations and faith groups.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent research skills.
- Determined to overcome challenges.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Willingness to get the job done and occasionally work outside of normal working hours.
Desirable Person Specification:
Special Note: This job description does not form part of the contract of employment, but indicates how that contract should be performed. The job description may be subject to amendment in the light of experience and in consultation with the jobholder.