St Mary’s Hospital (with regular travel to our other hospitals in West London and our main office on Edgware Road)
We're Imperial Health Charity, an organisation that helps our hospitals do more through grants, arts, volunteering and fundraising. We support the five hospitals of Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust: Charing Cross, Hammersmith, Queen Charlotte’s & Chelsea, St Mary’s and the Western Eye.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, we successfully managed an emergency response at our hospitals, engaging over 330 crisis response volunteers (most of whom we recruited during the pandemic).
Since then, and as the pandemic has calmed and then intensified again, we have been working to restart and rebuild our volunteering programme to align with new ways of working and the new realities of our health service.
As such, we’re looking for a Volunteering Manager to join us and deliver our volunteering strategy at our St Mary's and Western Eye hospital sites.
- Salary of £40,087 - £44,306, starting on £40,087
- Access to gym discounts
- Support towards healthcare costs, including eye tests and dental, and support with mental health through counselling
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Pension (with employer contributions of 10%)
- Life insurance
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave, above statutory requirements
- Sick and compassionate leave above statutory requirements
- Sabbatical leave available after five years’ service and additional opportunities to take volunteering leave
- Staff arts club – including free entry to London galleries and discounts on music, cinema and theatre events
- High street and online discounts through a Blue Light Card
- 25 days’ holiday (increasing with service) plus Bank Holidays
- An extra day’s holiday to be taken one week either side of your birthday
This is a brilliant opportunity to take on an exciting role offering the autonomy and freedom to make a real impact on our volunteering programme at an integral time in its evolution.
You will have the chance to create and lead the volunteering strategy for St Mary’s and the Western Eye hospitals and act as an on-site leader and ambassador for our charity.
Our vision is to build an instantly recognisable community of volunteers who are visibly making a positive difference to the experience of all our patients, visitors and staff. If you think you can help us realise this goal, we’d love to hear from you.
As our Volunteering Manager, you will lead our volunteering strategy and oversee the delivery of the volunteering programme for St Mary’s and the Western Eye hospitals.
Our challenge is to find ways to reintroduce or reinvent volunteering roles which can make a meaningful difference to our hospitals. You will play a leading role in realising our vision at St Mary’s and the Western Eye hospitals.
You will manage the recruitment, selection and induction of volunteers, ensuring that they support the needs of the NHS Trust and have a great volunteering experience.
As you will be a senior member of the charity on-site, you will respond to requests from NHS staff, patients and members of the public and represent our organisation in a professional, efficient and friendly manner.
- Build strong relationships, both within the hospital and across the local community to promote our volunteering opportunities
- Design new volunteer roles and identify new role profiles and responsibilities
- Lead our on-site hospital response to critical incidents/emergency situations
- Work with our Youth Volunteering Manager to support the design and development of placements suitable for 16 - 21 year olds
- Line manage the Volunteering Support Officer
To join us as the Volunteering Manager, you will need:
- Experience of managing a volunteering programme based on current sector best practice, including emerging trends and legal implications
- Project management experience
- Experience of managing an operation, deploying teams and resources and taking responsibility for risk and safety management
- Previous experience of measuring and evaluating impact
- Strong IT skills
- Coaching, mentoring and facilitation skills
- Great interpersonal, networking and relationship-building abilities
Other organisations may call this role Volunteering Support Manager, Senior Volunteering Co-ordinator, Volunteering Support Supervisor, Volunteering Supervisor, Volunteering Team Leader, or Senior Volunteering Support Officer.
The closing date for applications is the 14th March 2021. Interviews are scheduled to be held on the 25th March 2021.
This is a full-time role, working 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday with the flexibility to work early mornings, evenings and weekends (around 12 weekends/part weekends per annum). On these occasions, time off in lieu will be given.
Webrecruit and Imperial Health Charity are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
So, if you think you could make a real difference as our Volunteering Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.