Partnerships Development Manager
Fixed Term Contract - MAT Cover from June 2021
£36,000 - 40,000
London and Currently Remote
The partnerships development team is a team of two, comprised of the New Business Lead and one new Partnership Development Manager. We are responsible for identifying and securing new partners for Comic Relief including for Red Nose Day, in line with our social change strategy. You will identify and pitch to big UK and global brands, with a view to creating long-lasting 6 and 7 figure partnerships. We enable our corporate partners to reach specific sales, marketing and CSR objectives, and the successful candidate will be confident and perceptive in distilling that value proposition into an engaging and memorable pitch. This is a role for the most creative of salesperson, looking for a role that offers both career purpose (yes, we really do want to change the world), and exposure to some of the most exciting brands in the world.
- To secure new high value partners for Comic Relief, including campaign partners for Red Nose Day, in line with our social change strategy and organisational priorities
- Identify prospects and secure meetings with leading brands through appropriate prospecting methods
- Work with relevant teams across Comic Relief to develop compelling propositions and pitches to engage, excite and secure new partners
- Ensure a smooth transition of new corporate relationships across the wider Partnerships team
- A willingness to roll up their sleeves, and take on the less exciting bits (sorry!): CRM management & administrative support
- To support the New Business Lead on the delivery of the new business strategy
- To be accountable for a fixed income amount of new business annually
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCES:
Essential education and skills
- Solid experience of working with major UK and global brands and companies with a good reputation to gain new business.
- Proven experience of negotiating and securing six figure multi-faceted corporate partnerships
- Significant experience working in fundraising and/or sales roles
- Proven demonstration of hitting sales/fundraising targets
- Significant experience in effectively leading and managing high performing teams
- Experience of working in partnership with major global consumer facing brands and companies with a good reputation.
- Proven Experience of developing products in partnership with a retailer or consumer brand.
- Flawless presentation & communication skills, in both written and oral forms.
- A passion for approaching & pitching to big brands & businesses.
- Experience of working in partnership with major UK consumer facing brands and companies.
- Experience of dealing directly with senior stakeholders.
- Think strategically and be able to evaluate decisions in the short, medium and long term.
- Building and sustaining effective working relationships both internally and externally.
- Exceptional networking, influencing and persuading skills.
To apply please visit our website via the link and apply online.
Role closes - 12:00pm, 9th Mar 2021 GMT (Europe/London)
Inclusivity at Comic Relief
We recognise diversity and inclusion are a source of strength in achieving our mission. We therefore welcome everyone, trusting what makes us different brings creativity, styles and experiences to help us collectively do our best work. That’s regardless of your gender, age, ethnicity, disability, religion, sexual orientation, and cultural identity. We especially welcome those from under-represented groups in modern grant-making and fundraising. We are on a journey, but if you join our team you will be part of a community that is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where we want you to:
- Be valued for being yourself
- Do your best work, and be supported to break down barriers so you can succeed
- Be heard, respected, and treated as an equal, whatever your level, experience or background
- Be part of a team that is committed to making this happen – with our colleagues, partners, and contributors.
Comic Relief is committed to preventing and protecting all people from harm in their interactions with us. We expect all those that act in our name to uphold our approach to doing no harm.