Harris Hill is recruiting for a Financial Accountant to report directly to the Finance Director for this Housing Charity based in London South.
You will lead a team of 3 and be the second in command within Finance.
You will need to be a Chartered Accountant (ACA) with initial experience in a recognised auditing firm followed by commercial and or charity experience.
You will produce high-quality monthly management accounts for the Director of Finance, Senior Management Team, Trustees and key stakeholders.
Salary: £53,000pa - £58,000pa
- Chartered Accountant (ACA) with initial experience in a recognised auditing firm followed by commercial experience
- Good written communications skills and excellent interpersonal skills and be able to communicate financial information effectively to a broad range of people including Trustees.
- Attention to detail meticulously checks figures to ledgers, supporting documentation and other collaborative data
- IT skills, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Be able to work very effectively under pressure, meet tight deadlines and pay excellent attention to detail
- Be someone who can actively seeks solutions to problems and uses initiative
- Identifies with charitable purpose and working for beneficiaries
- Lead preparation & presentation of all required financial reports, budgets and forecasts
- Ensure compliance with all statutory & regulatory reporting; respond to information requests
- Monitor budgets, cashflow and payments to drive financial robustness and improve performance
- Ensure secure, robust & effective systems are in place for all financial transactions
- Ensure effective day-to-day financial activities, including invoicing, payments, payroll and reconciliations
- Lead business planning, projects & contribute to the SMT; act as the deputy to the finance director
- Ensure effective audit, risk & insurance functions underpinned by appropriate financial policies
- Lead, motivate & develop the finance team, supporting the CE in delivering strategic outcomes
- Advise on income, cost optimisation, spending and financial analysis of investment decisions
- Lead financial strategy planning and delivery, targets, KPIs & budgets, policies; manage contracts
- Present financial date in a clear, informative and easily digestible form to a wide variety of audiences
- Contribute to the overall resilience of the charity, building confidence in the financial performance