This is a rare opportunity to provide Executive Assistant (EA) support to the Founding Directors of the Environmental Justice Foundation, a leading international environmental and human rights organisation.
The EA will play a critical role, supporting the Directors to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of EJF’s campaigns and field programmes in the UK and internationally. The EA will: undertake a range of administrative tasks; coordinate and promote effective team-working; help build EJF’s visibility and engagement across multiple audiences and optimise our income and impact.
This is a challenging, busy and varied role that requires superb interpersonal and communications skills, a friendly ‘can-do’ approach, alongside commitment and determination to deliver on EJF’s ambitious plans to Protect People and Planet.
- Full administrative support to the Founding Directors (including staff management, coordination of diaries and meetings).
- Coordination and monitoring of progress towards campaign outcomes, reporting to the Founding Directors and undertaking specific actions as directed by them to improve management and reporting.
- Production of extensive high-quality communications – letters, briefings and reports, blogs, speeches and presentations.
- Organisation of EJF internal and external events and public outreach.
- Planning and supporting logistics and protocols for international trips and teams.
- Representing EJF in external meetings as requested.
- Supporting fundraising and communications teams; special events and partnerships.
- Oversight and day to day management of staff records and EJF UK offices (London and Bath)
Essential skills and attributes:
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- Outstanding organizational, project, interpersonal and people-management skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and multi-task, responding to needs and opportunities.
- Excellent writing and presentational skills.
- Willingness to address difficult issues, understanding the absolute need for integrity, confidentiality and discretion; the role requires tenacity, determination and patience
- Able to work independently and according to specific direction, the EA will have strong interpersonal skills and team-working.
- Accuracy and reliability.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Understanding that change is not easily won, but worth winning.
- Degree level or above.
- Proficiency in relevant language/s (French, Spanish, German, Chinese)