To meet the financial reporting, financial control and compliance requirements of Attitude is Everything. To provide financial forecasts and analysis to aid the organisation’s strategic decision making and in support of funding grant applications.
For more information including details on how to apply see http://www.attitudeiseverything.org.uk/about-us/jobs/finance-manager
Closing date: 9.00am, Friday 12th March
Financial Planning & Management
- To lead on planning and managing all aspects of organisational and project budgeting and forecasting
- Preparing quarterly management accounts for the Board and Senior Management, including P&L, cashflow, bank reconciliation, forecasting and variations
- Preparing management account reports for funding applications, funders evaluations and staff projects as required by Managing Director
- Providing financial analysis to members of the Senior Management as and when required.
- To proactively engage in and contribute to the good financial management of the organisation flag any areas of concern in a timely manner with the Managing Director.
- To present financial information in a clear manner aimed at Trustees and team members without financial training
- To deliver clear reports which distinguish between restricted and non restricted funds
- To ensure the organisation remains in compliance with its minimum reserves policy and provide early warning of risks to compliance.
- Manage cash to maximise interest earned where possible
- All elements of bookkeeping, and supervision of ledger management, the supervision of the Administrator’s bookkeeping activities and ledger management
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns, incl. with HMRC and other agencies as required
- Processing salaries and other payments, preparing relevant cheques or transfers, ensuring authorisation and dispatch
- Reconciling payroll accounts, supplier statements etc
- Claiming tax relief on Gift Aid
- Bank, cheque, direct debit and petty cash administration
- Transition the organisation to a digital-only financial management filing system, which is maintained to a high standard
- Reconcile bank accounts at least monthly
- Ensure that financial controls are suitable and implemented correctly.
Accounting and Reporting
- Entering all transactions onto the organisations QuickBooks accounting system.
- Prepare management accounts in the form of quarterly financial reports to Board and an annual financial report for all funders.
- Ensure that accounting system is set up to monitor and report on all relevant financial management requirements. e.g., fund accounting, project accounts, grant accounts, activity reports; and prepare such reports as required.
- Implement year-end procedures; prepare draft statutory accounts and audit file; liaise with auditors.
- Contribute to the content and presentation of the statutory annual trustees' report.
- To prepare papers for quarterly Finance & General Purpose and Fundraising & Business Development committee meetings. To attend quarterly Finance & General Purpose and Fundraising & Business Development committee meetings, as and when required.
- To prepare papers for quarterly Board meetings in a timely manner as and when required. To attend quarterly Board meetings, presenting financials and relevant advice, as and when required.
- Providing financial analysis to the Treasurer as and when required
- To secure insurance cover and assist the Managing Director as and when required.
- To support the Managing Director in management and administration of the occupational lease and the relevant sub-lease arrangements.
- Other tasks as directed by the Managing Director