This post will work alongside the Founder to lead the organisation, providing strategic direction and leadership in accordance with the Mission, Vision, Values and Objectives.
This role will lead on strategic business development, on financial, operational and HR management of the organisation, taking responsibility for the staff team in the delivery of the Strategic Plan. This includes ensuring the organisation meets its legal, financial & charitable obligations, delivering organisational change.
They will share the responsibility for the development of the organisation’s Strategic Plan & associated documents with the Founder and support the Founder in raising the profile of and representing the organisation.
For further information including details on how to apply, please see http://www.attitudeiseverything.org.uk/about-us/jobs/managing-director
Closing date: 9.00am, Friday 12th March
This role will lead on and be responsible for:
- Developing strategic goals and objectives with the Founder and team to maximise the impact of the organisation for the benefit of its community and for the implementation of its Charitable objectives. Leading the implementation of the strategic goals and objectives.
- The creation and implementation of the organisation’s budget, maximising income and extending the reach of the work of the organisation within the available resource.
- The recruitment, management, development and motivation of a highly motivated and skilled team including responsibility for HR processes and policies and annual appraisals.
- Ensure income generation targets are being achieved across earned income and fundraising.
- The fulfilment of the organisation’s statutory and charitable obligations, taking on the role of Company Secretary and ensuring good governance.
- Reporting to and advising the Board of Trustees and subcommittees, including ensuring the timely and accurate distribution of all relevant papers, and notifying the Board on risks to the organisation.
- The preparation and timely submission by the Finance Manager of the organisation’s Annual Report and Accounts to the legal standard of the Charity Commission, in partnership with the Treasurer, Co-Chairs, Founder and external accountants.
- Leading and motivating the staff team including developing the organisation’s staff capacity so that it meets its purpose, using planning tools to manage projects across the team and with clear priorities.
- Ensuring that all of the organisation’s IT systems and infrastructure including online tools, website, customer relationship management tools and Mystery Shopping Portal are fit for purpose and maximise the impact of the organisation.
- Ensuring that all Strategic and Business plans are updated and reviewed to support the organisation and funding agreements.
- Ensure all that funding submissions and funder reports are completed in a timely manner.
- Creating, developing and updating all company policies.
- Ensuring an accessible working environment, including embedding Attitude is Everything’s accessible toolkit for employers at both board and operational level
- Leading on managing safeguarding concerns and ensuring all staff members are aware of safeguarding responsibilities.
- Championing and ensuring compliance across health & safety, UK GDPR and wellbeing within the organisation.
This role will be jointly responsible, with the Founder for:
- Co-leading the organisation in accordance with its Mission, Vision and Objectives
- Seeking new opportunities to grow the organisation’s reputation and reach.
- Overseeing the development of the organisation’s Strategy and Vision in partnership with the Board and staff.
- Representing the organisation to key funders
This role will support the Founder, as required, through:
- Speaking for the organisation, raising awareness, attending events and meetings, supporting existing relationships and creating new relationships across the music, arts, culture and events industries.
- Budgeting for and overseeing PR and communications activities within the overall budgeting restraints of the organisation.
- To carry out other tasks as directed by the Board of Trustees.