Finance and Human Resources Manager
- To contribute to the strategic and operational direction of WomenCentre through involvement at the Senior Management Team by being an active and collaborative member in support of WomenCentre’s strategic priorities and all projects and activities.
- To contribute to the work of WomenCentre Homes by developing appropriate finance systems for this new organisation and work with the WomenCentre sub-committee and the WomenCentre Homes Board to report on and plan for the finances of the new organisation.
- To take responsibility for the implementation of policies and procedures within the Finance and Human Resources function, providing WomenCentre with financial control and reporting and appropriate HR policies and procedures.
- To undertake the duties of the company secretary on behalf of the WomenCentre Board in line with the legal requirements of Companies House and the Charity Commission.
- Preparation of Annual Accounts in compliance with statutory requirements and liaison with auditors.
- Preparation and monitoring of WomenCentre’s and WomenCentre Homes annual budget and longer-term finance projections.
- To report regularly to the Senior management team, WomenCentre and WomenCentre Homes boards and sub-committees.
- To provide financial reports to funders and commissioners in a timely fashion in accordance with contractual requirements.
- To work closely with the CEO, managers and other bid writers in the preparation of costings for bids to funders.
- To maintain and operate adequate and proper records for the Centre’s financial transactions, including effective systems for authorisation of expenditure and the timely receipt of capital and revenue finance.
- To supervise the financial administration of petty cash, cheque payments, authorisation of expenditure, salary payments, PAYE and NI, sick pay and pensions in accordance with statutory requirements.
- To periodically review and develop finance policies and procedures appropriate for the Centre alongside the Finance Sub Committee.
- To ensure the efficient operation of the Centre’s computerised accounting system and recommend and carry out updating as required.
- To negotiate property and office insurance arrangements.
- To negotiate the Centre’s banking facilities.
- To supervise the maintenance of a fixed asset register.
- Ensure all personnel data is held securely. Oversee recruitment and new starter procedures and liaise with team managers about new staff contracts and changes to contracts and wider HR compliance. Attend HR sub-committee of WomenCentre Board and prepare reports as required. Keep up to date with relevant employment law. Oversee sickness monitoring and record keeping and report from time to time to the HR sub-committee. Provide advice to managers in relation to personnel matters and the implementation of WomenCentre policies and procedures for example in relation to parental leave and sick leave and seek specialist advice where necessary. To oversee the work of the newly created office manager post.