Senior Advisor, Global Philanthropists Circle - Europe (remote)
Synergos is a global organization helping solve complex issues by advancing Bridging Leadership
which builds trust and collective action. We believe in the power of building trust - it’s how we
create regenerative solutions.
The Synergos’ Global Philanthropists Circle (GPC) is a network of families from more than 30
countries who share Synergos’ commitment to create a more just, equitable, peaceful and
regenerative world. The GPC is a brave space for leaders to come together, imagining new ways to
address our society’s most pressing needs. Our work is underpinned by a belief that philanthropy
is at its most impactful when it is rooted in humility, inclusion, and trust. Our global, remote
team of 12 is based out of New York, San Francisco, Sao Paulo, Prague, Johannesburg and Hong Kong.
What we do:
• Steward members through curated membership journeys
• Convene members through a regular series of in-person and digital events.
• Catalyze collective action through member connections, partnerships, and our
We are seeking a full-time independent contractor (remote) to represent Synergos and
the Global Philanthropists Circle in Europe. Engagement will run for a period of one year subject
You will be working with the GPC at a unique moment in time. We continue to conduct activities
virtually until at least fall 2021. Our activities and individual member engagement are all focused
on helping the community take on the world’s most urgent challenges through transformative actions.
This year also marks our 20ᵗʰ anniversary.
Moreover, this is a crucial moment for the field of philanthropy as a whole. With climate
emergency, political and cultural polarization, and social justice uprisings,
philanthropists at all levels are being challenged to step up and adapt to the demands and
growing needs this moment imposes on each of us. The GPC is committed to supporting philanthropist
in the evolution of their practices and counts on its team to help lead and drive these important
discussions about the future of philanthropic action. You will have an important leadership role in
driving transformation in the European region and helping the GPC team meet its global goal of
supporting a community of philanthropist that are truly creating a more just, loving and
• Serve as primary relationship manager for approx. 20 GPC member families
(currently), as well as UK-based Board members and donors.
• Develop and execute yearly engagement plans and projects for each family, designed
to support their learning, collaboration, connectivity, and overall growth as givers.
• Extend relationship management support for Circle members to connect them with
ideas, opportunities, partners and other resources.
• With team support, engage, identify and recruit European philanthropists and social
investors to be GPC members.
• Collaborating with the global GPC team, design and implement programs and events
(digital or in-person) for members that advance the Synergos mission vis a vis the GPC platform and
community, with a specific focus on Europe.
• Build stronger visibility of Synergos and the GPC in Europe by representing the
network at external philanthropy meetings and cultivating relationships and partnerships in the
• Stay abreast of current philanthropy and social change practices and trends.
• Support and contribute to activities throughout the organization, as needed.
Candidates for this position must have the following:
• At least 6 years of progressive experience
• Experience in senior level relationship cultivation and management
• Experience working in the field of philanthropy and clear understanding and
perspective on current challenges in the field.
• Experience in program management and design
• Speak English fluently in addition to a second language.
• Responsive in communication, quick to action
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Attentive to detail and unafraid to take on all tasks, big and small.
• Comfort working on a matrixed and distributed team.
• Desire and comfort working at a multiracial organization committed to Diversity,
Equity and Inclusion (DEI)
• Self-driven and accountable to project deliverables and outcomes
• Openness to learn and/or use new and multiple technology platforms (such as Teams,
Extraordinary candidates for this job will have all of the above and the following nice to have
• Experience working on a distributed, global team across multiple time zones.
• Experience in events and cross functional project management
• Experience in philanthropic program design and content
• Thought leader with interest in producing and disseminating content on current
topics as they relate to philanthropy.
• Fluency in French or German
• Experience working within shared decision-making processes.
• Able to manage up and across lines of reporting.
• Full-time engagement
• Fully remote
• May require domestic and international travel. (NB: Synergos has postponed all staff
travel until further notice).
• Preferred location in Europe
Synergos is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of
race, color, sex (including gender identity, nonconformity, presentation or expression), sexual
orientation, religion, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, or any
other characteristic made unlawful to consider by applicable federal, state, or local
laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
In addition, Synergos is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in accordance with the
Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If you require an
accommodation in connection with your application or are contacted for an employment opportunity
and require accommodation, please advise firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply: Send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Applications are being
considered on a rolling basis with a deadline of Mar 28, 2021.