Position: Head of Services
- The Head of Services post is a new role that will work closely with the CEO, developing informed strategy and leading, managing and supporting staff within Servol’s diverse functions/services to deliver sustainable and successful outcomes.
- To demonstrate strong, visible, and influential leadership and to deputise for the CEO in their absence.
1. Manage, supervise, and develop staff and volunteers.
2. Managing the delivery of a range of services which meet the highest professional standards, in accordance with the organisation’s objectives and core values.
3. Act as a trusted advisor to the CEO, and extended management team.
4. Oversee the delivery of the IT services and operations, supported by efficient and fit for purpose processes demonstrating value for money.
5. Ensure effective facilities management and administration services are in place to enable the charity to fulfil economic and safe service delivery.
6. Ensure relevant statutory, regulatory, and professional standards are wholly achieved in relation to policies, processes, and procedures, particularly in respect of governance and employment legislation and IT functions.
7. Set and encourage high standards of performance and demonstrate a commitment to good practice and continual improvement in all areas of the organisation’s operations.
8. To manage and review contract rates to ensure competitiveness and maximize income generation.
9. Deputise for the CEO when necessary including attending meetings and preparing and presenting reports.
10. Pro-actively monitor and evaluate activities within Servol’s business through the development and delivery of effective cross service monitoring and evaluation, responding to issues and identify/follow up opportunities.
11. Secure/seek new business opportunities, develop, and write funding bids, and produce and lead on tender responses, and produce progress reports.
12. Develop business case funding/tender reports for funders, commissioners and the Board of Trustees.
13. Support the CEO strategic leadership role within Servol as an active member of the Senior Management Team, including being proactive in providing solutions to strategic issues with and for colleagues.
14. To participate actively in strategic planning process in the following ways:
- Leading on/inputting to the planning and development of projects (both existing and new).
- Proactively alerting staff and trustees to potential opportunities and threats to the charity.
16. Lead on the delivery of a sustainability plan.
17. Manage overall budgets for services across the organisation and produce reports related to these.
18. Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation.
Essential skills/knowledge/qualifications for this role:
- Educated to Degree level/NVQ L7 level or equivalent.
- To have worked previously in a similar professional environment and to have been responsible for the operational management of a social care organisation.
- Able to grasp corporate and functional business objectives.
- To have worked in a multi locational role previously.
- Working knowledge of the commissioning of services within the health & social care sector.
- Managerial experience of agency/partnership working within the NHS/PCT or Strategic Level Contracts.
- Proven experience of working with financial, budgetary and management controls.
- Analytical skills, excellent attention to detail, political acumen and awareness of changing policy.
- The ability to develop partnerships and projects with public, voluntary, and private sector organisations.
Please contact Helen (HR Manager) for a full job description.
To apply, please send your CV and a brief covering letter to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications 20th March 2021.
We may close this recruitment earlier than the closing date dependent on the volume of applications received. Please submit your interest in this role as soon as possible.
Please note our website is currently under construction and is not accessible.