Internal Communications Lead
Birmingham, West Midlands/London (currently home based)
Circa £35,000 - £37,000 per annum DOE Plus Generous Pension and Annual Leave
What we do
The Money Advice Trust was founded in 1991 as an independent charity with the support of the government, creditors, and the advice sectors.
Money Advice Trust helps people across the UK to tackle their debts and manage their money with confidence. We give free independent and confidential advice to people and business across the UK through our telephone and online advice services which include National Debtline, Business Debtline as well as Wiseradviser.
About the role
Are you passionate about internal communication and employee engagement? Looking to make your mark in a role you can shape over time? Eager to help a national charity as it evolves new ways of working in response to Covid-19? We want to hear from you!
We are currently looking to recruit an Internal Communications Lead to come and join the communications team at the Money Advice Trust.
Acting as a key member of the wider communications team and working closely with colleagues in Human Resources, this role will be an advocate for effective internal communication at the Trust – acting as a trusted business partner to help departments achieve their objectives.
The role will develop and implement a new internal communications strategy, aimed at informing and engaging colleagues based in our Birmingham contact centre, London office and at home. The role will develop, manage and evaluate a wide range of internal communications activities – and will have end-to-end responsibility for internal communications, from developing strategy to getting stuck into delivery.
Please note this role is a Fixed term Role for 2 years.
- To develop, implement and manage the Trust’s new internal communications strategy
- To develop, implement and project manage a range of internal communications activities, projects, and initiatives
- To act as the Trust’s expert on internal communications, including providing advice to the Chief Executive and senior managers, often at short notice
- Contribute internal communications expertise as part of cross-functional project teams
To be considered as an Internal Communications Lead, you will need:
- Experience of working in a similar role
- An in-depth understanding of all things internal communications including strategies, technologies, trends, and techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- The ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and changing deadlines
- Good relationship management skills, effective at negotiating and influencing
- Good planning, organisational and people skills, including delivering communication products to deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable in line with business needs
If you believe you can make a difference, please apply by clicking the button below.
All applications must be accompanied with a current CV which will be used to assess your suitability for the role. Please ensure all the skills, experience and qualifications requested are clearly demonstrated in your CV as explained in the body of the advert.
Closing date: 3rd March 2021
Interviews: Week Commencing 8th of March 2021
Please note the interviews will take place on Microsoft Teams.
Unfortunately, due to the expected volume of interest for this role, we will not be able to respond to each application, we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible. Previous applicants within the past 6 months need not apply.
We will only use the data you supply to us in CVs for recruitment purposes. This data will be held for twelve months. For further information please refer to our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants, available on the vacancies page of our website.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Internal Engagement Lead, Employee Relations Advisor, Internal Communications and Engagement Lead, Communications Lead, Comms Lead, Internal Communications Specialist, or Communications Team Leader.