As the Fundraising & Development Manager you will work with Metroland’s Director to build a fundraising strategy and strong bid pipeline to ensure income targets are met or exceeded in line with Metroland’s business plan objectives. You will maintain and develop a strong funding base across corporate, trusts & foundations, statutory, liveries and guilds, and individual sources. The organisation is anticipated to have an average annual turnover of c.£800k and will need to grow a balanced funding portfolio that creates revenue reliability.
Duties and Responsibilities
● With support from the Director and the Board, develop and deliver Metroland’s fundraising strategy.
● Research and develop a comprehensive prospect list of statutory, trusts and foundations and create a bid pipeline that aligns with Metroland’s plans and budgetary needs.
● Packaging the work of Metroland so as to create and prepare competitive bids that meets the specific funders priorities.
● Working with the Head of Programmes and Community Engagement Manager to identify fundable opportunities across the programme.
● Identify strategic fundraising opportunities through cultivating partnerships for consortium working.
● Develop a strong knowledge base of Brent and London health, social, education, cultural and economic policy drivers to identify commissioning opportunities that Metroland can respond to.
● Undertake research to build a clear evidence of need.
● With the Marketing & Communications Manager ensure Metroland’s marketing and PR activity reflects the organisations charitable aims so to reach and engage key stakeholders including developing sponsorship packages where appropriate.
● Line manage any additional fundraising consultancy contracts when required to add additional capacity at key points.
● Support the Director and Board to execute any strategic cultivation events, activities or campaigns.
Reporting and Stewardship
● Ensure the terms of funding agreements are known and understood by all staff and that a clear change control process is in place to ensure funding obligations are met.
● Maintain relationships with all funders through Metroland’s CRM system including; reporting schedules, invitations to events, clarifications/queries/amendments to funding agreements etc.
● Working with the Marketing & Communications Manager to ensure all funded activity is appropriately acknowledged and accredited.
● Ensure clear monitoring and evaluation processes are in place including key data on deliverables, quotes and case studies so that the reporting requirements of funders can be met.
● Produce all funding reports with support from the Metroland team.
● Work with the Finance Manager to ensure appropriate fund tracking and financial reporting for funding and auditing purposes.
● Prepare fundraising progress reports for the Director and Board.
● Ensure the Code of Fundraising Practice is adhered to and maintain Metroland’s ethical fundraising policy and compliance with GDPR.
● Process donations and maintain paper and electronic records of donations.
● Maintain strong relationships with key commissioners across Brent Council.
● Ensure funder representatives are invited to appropriate shows, events and exhibitions as required.
● Prepare guest lists and liaise with colleagues to create invitations and mailings
● Prepare briefing notes on guests, greet guests and support event preparations (this will require some evening and weekend work)
● Maintain current knowledge of key agendas within the creative, cultural and digital industries.
● Offer support to young people and artists engaged in Metroland University programme with information, advice and guidance on fundraising.
● Take part in relevant funding forums.
● Adhere to Metroland Cultures policies and procedures with respect to Safeguarding, Health & Safety, Equality and Diversity, Environmental and Data Protection.
● Be willing to undertake any necessary training or development in order to fulfill the role.
● Demonstrable experience in fundraising within an arts and/or cultural context across the statutory, trusts & foundations, individuals and corporates.
● Strong track record on securing high level funding and meeting fundraising targets.
● Excellent bid writing experience and ability to manage complex bids, reporting writing and proofreading skills.
● Strong financial literacy in preparing budgets and financial reporting.
● Excellent communicator and interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships at all levels with a broad stakeholder base.
● Ability to prioritise workloads and coordinate workflows between team members to meet deadlines for bids or reporting purposes.
● Ability to work independently and take a proactive approach to problem solving and identifying new opportunities.
● Applied knowledge of current legislative frameworks and best practice within the charitable sector.
● Excellent I.T skills including confidence with databases and spreadsheets.
● Strong, confident and diplomatic communication skills both written and oral.
● Ability to work with a broad stakeholder base.
● Experience in developing fundraising strategies and brokering partnerships.
● Ability to work under pressure and problem solve.
● Experience of developing a donor base.
● Experience of securing and managing major £6-figure grants.
● Experience of working with Board members.
Please note: This position will initially be remote / home-based due to the COVID-19 pandemic.