Harris Hill are recruiting for a Finance Manager for this Faith Based, East London Community Human Rights Charity,
- The position is currently working from home. Once the pandemic has calmed down. The role will come with flexible working.
- The position is part of the Senior Management Team and reports directly to the CEO and COO
- The position is open to Part Qualified or Fully Qualified Accountants
Salary is £35,000pa
About the Role
This is an exciting role for a professional with strong accounting and charity finance experience to join a small but growing charity.
You will have excellent understanding and experience of financial planning and implementing systems. Organised and with a high level of attention to detail, you will enjoy managing this function, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and as part of the SMT (Senior Management Team).
You will lead on all financial activities: accounting, budget setting and forecasting, financial management control policies and procedures, gift aid, banking and support donor management activities.
- Ensuring all financial information held supports the SMT and ultimately the trustee board to make sound decisions
- Responsible for all month end processes, prepare key account reconciliations
- Set up of budget systems and support budget holders to prepare and manage their budgets, including advising on expenditure coding
- Prepare information (monthly, quarterly and annually) e.g. on budget spend and forecasting for funding bids and generation of new income.
- Review and analyse financial reports and budgets with SMT, reporting on trends and performance against budgets to inform management decisions and strategic planning processes
- Work with Fundraising & Partnerships Manager (to be appointed) and Marketing Manager to present financial information in a meaningful way for annual reports, grant and impact reports etc.
- Ensure efficient financial management systems and planning to inform business development, fundraising strategies and demonstrates value for money across all activities
- With the Treasurer, ensure efficient preparation of annual financial accounts and budgets
- Proactively ensure financial policies are adhered to and kept up-to-date. Ensure an appropriate financial control environment is in place.
- Take a proactive lead on financial risk management