Director of Research
The Royal Foundation is looking to appoint a Director of Research – a brand new position – to join its team. As Director of Research, you will be responsible for devising, developing and delivering our overarching research strategy, and in turn, help to shape the direction of The Royal Foundation itself. You will be a trusted member of the Leadership Committee, working closely with the Chief Executive Officer, The Royal Household and our Board of Trustees. You will bring fresh, collaborative leadership to the organisation, embedding high-performance and ambition across our team and ensuring that impact delivery is at the core of all we do.
The successful candidate will be a respected leader in the wider research community with strategic level expertise and experience working with partners and donors on a global scale. You will be a rigorous, clear thinker who is excited by the prospect of helping to define and drive forward a new pillar of work within the organisation.
The Royal Foundation was founded to convene people from all walks of life to deliver impact on society’s most pressing issues – and embedding research at our core will be instrumental to delivering on this mission. If you have the experience, skills and qualities we are looking for, and if you are driven by a desire to enact long-lasting positive change, then we hope you are inspired to find out more.
The Director of Research will:
- establish and lead the organisation’s new research unit;
- examine existing research bases and develop networks with other research institutes so we can remain at the cutting edge of emerging issues, commissioning our own original research if required;
- identify new focus areas for the organisation, informed by horizon scanning and rigorous analysis;
- develop new projects, from idea generation to concept definition, supported by world-class research;
- ensure that our initiatives are designed to deliver maximum positive change and that we measure our impact in a robust and objective way; and
- champion an evidence-based, data driven approach to project design and implementation throughout the organisation.
To lead this ambitious project, we are searching for a Director of Research who:
- has a background in research and is familiar with a wide variety of research sources, both qualitative and quantitative;
- is equally fluent in large scale data analytics – defining, analysing and interpreting;
- has implemented and reviewed research strategies, business plans and theories of change;
- can establish and lead a successful, innovative research team; and
- is an excellent communicator and collaborative team player.
The closing date for applications is 12th March 2021.
For further information, including how to apply, please click on this link:
www.odgers.com/81707 or call the Odgers Berndtson team for a confidential conversation on 0207 529 6344.