This Job Expires on the 2nd of March 2021 at 9am
Job Title: Finance Manager
Salary £34,200 gross (plus 5% employer pension contribution)
Hours Full time (36.2 hours per week)
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Citizens Advice Sutton and Carshalton offices, with opportunities to work from home.
MAIN JOB PURPOSES
To work closely with the Citizens Advice Sutton CEO and Treasurer to initiate accurate and up to date financial transactions and records and produce monthly management accounts and such other financial reports as may be required.To administer HR processes.To administer routine premises management. To support the Chair and Treasurer of Citizens Advice Sutton in administration of meetings of the Board and the Planning and Finance Committee.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To produce monthly management accounts, including information on income and expenditure by project, with explanations for any significant variances.
- To provide the Citizens Advice Sutton CEO with advice on the Citizens Advice Sutton financial position so that the CEO can make informed decisions on the allocation of staff and resources.
- To work with the CEO to produce the Citizens Advice Sutton budget and forecasts of the year-end financial position.
- To produce the Citizens Advice Sutton statutory accounts and work with the Citizens Advice Sutton auditor to finalise the annual report and accounts.
- To assist the CEO with grant applications and reports to funders by providing the requisite financial information.
- To complete any reports as required to national Citizens Advice
- To maintain and control two very small petty cash float. Invoices and payments
- To make payments to suppliers and funded partners and to keep records of such payments.
- To issue invoices to funders and ensure that those invoices are paid, and the income receipts recorded.
- To check, maintain, control, and pay expenses claims from staff and volunteers in accordance with the Citizens Advice Policy procedures.
- To liaise with the Citizens Advice Sutton outsourced payroll and pension providers to ensure that payments to payroll and pension providers are accurate and paid within the relevant deadlines.
- To attend, take and keep minutes of meetings of the Planning & Finance Committee and Trustees, including the AGM.
- To maintain complete and up to date HR files and records (including holiday records) for Citizens Advice Sutton staff in accordance with CAS’s policies and procedures and to provide any necessary information to HMRC.
- To participate with CEO in regular supervision and annual appraisals and keep up to date on internal and external changes which have an impact on Citizens Advice Sutton finances.
- To manage the Citizens Advice Sutton premises at Parkgate Road by liaising with contractors etc and to order stationery and office supplies as required.
- To fully comply and promote compliance with the Citizens Advice Sutton policies and procedures including those relating to finance, human resources, information assurance and the Acceptable Use of ICT etc. and to comply with Citizens Advice aims and principles.
- To promptly draw the attention of the CEO to any matters of significant concern requiring resolution.
- Undertake any other duties as required that are appropriate to the
If you would like to arrange an informal conversation about this role, with Steve Triner, the
Citizens Advice Sutton CEO, please email email@example.com to arrange
a time for a phone call. Many thanks for your interest in this role – we look forward to hearing from you.
Citizens Advice Sutton