Family Support Worker (Part Time)
School and Community Based
Caritas Diocese of Shrewsbury is a leading provider of high-quality early help social care and family support for children, families, and communities.
We are now seeking a Family Support Worker to join our team on a part-time basis, working 21 hours per week.
- Salary of £23,541 pro rata
- Essential car allowance
You will discover that we are dedicated to children, families and communities and aim to empower each and every individual to enjoy the fullness of life. We aim to build stronger, supportive communities wherever there is disadvantage and live by our values of community, family, diversity, dignity, partnership and welcoming.
As a Family Support Worker, you will provide a high-quality Family Support Service in schools across the northern region of the Diocese of Shrewsbury. You will primarily work at school in Tameside and the south of Greater Manchester.
Working in partnership with schools and relevant agencies, you will provide a bespoke package of support to children, young people and families in the community.
Specifically, you will:
- Work with referred pupils, providing a non-judgmental, caring and confidential environment
- Liaise and work with parents and families, ensuring that individuals’ needs are being met and family issues addressed
- Help identify factors impacting an individual pupil’s wellbeing and behaviour in school and at home
- Provide advice and guidance to school staff
- Facilitate appropriate support and services with other professionals and agencies
- Organise and deliver group and community work in collaboration with other agencies.
To be considered as a Family Support Worker, you will need:
- Sound knowledge of Child/Vulnerable Adult Safeguarding and Protection procedures
- Experience of working with children, young people and adults who are experiencing difficulties which affect their quality of life
- English Language and Mathematics GCSEs or equivalent at Grade C or above
- An NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Children’s Work, Community or a related discipline
- To be flexible and have competent IT skills
- A full driving licence and the use of a vehicle that is insured for business purpose
This is a part-time role working 21 hours per week.
The closing date for the role is the 11th of March 2021.
Webrecruit and Caritas Diocese of Shrewsbury are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Family Support Worker, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.