Independent Age works to ensure that as we grow older, we all have the opportunity to live well with dignity, choice and purpose. To achieve this we provide information, advice and connection services for older people; campaign on the issues that matter most to them around health and care, poverty and loneliness and provide capacity building support to others working in the sector.
This is an exciting time to join the charity as we transition to our new ambitious strategy for 2021 – 2023 and increase our profile, impact and reach so more people can live a happy, connected and purposeful later life.
This role is going to be key part in providing an impactful service offer for the charity. Working closely with the local community services team, the post holder will provide first class support for a network of volunteers across Teesside. You’ll recruit, train and match volunteers as well as provide ongoing support through 1:1 sessions and group events.
Independent Age is passionate about connecting people, places and services together to combat loneliness. The ideal candidate will need to have a person-centred approach with outstanding organisational skills. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a kind, welcoming, responsive approach, with the ability to have active listening skills.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of managing or supporting a network of volunteers
- Knowledge of the design of volunteer roles that meet a broad range of people’s needs
- Experience of arranging events
- The willingness and ability to travel around your area
- A good level of IT and administrative skills
- The ability to work flexibly some evenings and weekends
- As well as a competitive salary we offer 28 days annual leave plus public holidays, a generous pension scheme with life assurance, learning and development opportunities, season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme and an employee assistance programme.
This role is home based in the Teesside area.
We are passionate about diversity and inclusion and creating an environment where we can ALL be ourselves
Independent Age is committed to safeguarding and this role will require an Enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check.
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held on Wednesday 21st April.
To apply, please visit our website to submit a covering letter detailing how your skills and experience meet the criteria within the Job Description and Person Specification, along with an up to date CV.