Chief Executive Officer
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced CEO to lead and be responsible for the successful management and development of the UK's largest organic gardening charity.
Position: Chief Executive Officer
Salary: Circa £65,000 per annum depending on experience
Hours: Full time, permanent
Location: Coventry. Flexible / remote working available, although regular travel will be needed
Benefits: Life insurance, 8% employer pension contribution. 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holiday days. Flexible and remote working options considered
Closing date: Sunday 7th March 2021
Interviews: W/C 15th March 2021
About the role:
This is an exciting time to join this incredible charity, as the team is poised to move forward with the next chapter of their history and are looking for a driven, dynamic and inspirational leader to take the helm.
As CEO you will work to a strategic direction agreed by the Board of Trustees, and in accordance with all agreed policies and procedures.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- To lead the charity in pursuit of its Vision, Mission and Purpose, ensuring that the highest standards of integrity, openness and professionalism are maintained
- To take the lead in bringing to the Board of Trustees such plans, strategies and policies as required
- To protect and promote the organisation’s respective brands
- To deliver against a robust organisational business plan that meets the agreed strategic direction
- To ensure a successful external profile by developing good relations with relevant partners at national and local level
- To lead, manage and motivate the Executive Team
- To hold overall responsibility for the operational financial management of the Charity in conjunction with the COO and Head of Finance
- To be responsible for an effective workforce recruitment and retention strategy
- To ensure full statutory and legal compliance for all aspects of the organisation as a company and as a charity
As CEO you will be an exceptional leader with the ability to inspire every member of the team, you will have the ability to develop a long-term vision and think entrepreneurially and strategically to grow the organisation.
You will bring with you the following key skills and experience:
- Experience of at least one of the following policy issues: environment/sustainability, food security, health/well-being, organic/sustainable gardening/farming, community/consumer education programmes
- Team management experience at Chief Executive or executive level.
- Working in collaboration with and being accountable to a Board of Trustees, or equivalent.
- Substantial programme management experience, including budgetary and staffing responsibilities and performance management.
- Excellent ambassadorial, networking and negotiating skills.
- Demonstrable success at inspiring and developing a senior management team.
- Excellent financial management skills.
- Commercial insight.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, both written and oral, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, set priorities and meet deadlines.
The ideal candidate will also have an understanding of membership based organisations, as well as a knowledge of horticultural practice, especially organic-growing principles and practice.
About the organisation:
You will be working for an organic growing charity dedicated to researching and promoting organic gardening. The charity prides itself on its innovative work with individuals, communities and schools – helping people to grow and garden following organic principles. They It works collaboratively with a wide range of partner organisations across the voluntary, public and private sectors. Revenue is generated from the organisation's 20,000 members, contracted programmes, trading and through fundraising. They have also secured corporate and national government funding; undertaking research and producing findings with lasting value. Their patron, HRH The Prince of Wales, takes an active interest in their work and has both visited the showcase organic garden and hosted the charity at Clarence House and Highgrove.
To apply for this position please provide a CV and supporting statement explaining how you meet the criteria for this role.
Other roles you may have experience of could include: CEO, Chief Exec, Chief Executive Officer , Director, MD, Managing Director, Executive Director, COO, Chief Executive etc.