Business Development and Funding Manager
Liverpool with travel across the heartlands
Full time - 40 hours per week
12 month fixed term contract
Our client is an ambitious and well-established housing group with deep roots in their three heartland of Liverpool, St Helens and Warrington.
The charitable arm of our client is committed in supporting the development of stronger communities; creating connected, independent and sustainable neighbourhoods, through empowering people to achieve their full potential. Dedicated to staff, families and communities, striving for happy and healthy lives for all.
The Foundation has distinct programmes to support employment and skills, health and wellbeing, financial and digital inclusion, and young people. They are expanding their programmes and are recruiting across all disciplines.
They are looking for dynamic and compassionate workers who enjoy developing their own skills alongside enabling clients to grow, achieve and succeed. Are you a team player who would thrive within this inclusive culture? If yes our client wants to hear from you.
About the role:
Our client currently has an exciting opportunity for a fixed term Business Development and Fundraising Manager to lead their small fundraising team, developing fundraising opportunities across the Foundation and ultimately increasing impact for charity beneficiaries and local communities.
You will provide support to the Heads of Service and Managing Director in the identification of opportunities, development and submission of proposals, managing grant bids/tender processes from scoping through to implementation. You will have proven experience of developing and maintaining excellent relationships with key stakeholders to deliver tangible results.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Leading on the management of bid/tender information, market intelligence, pipeline development and knowledge management.
- Providing project support for tenders and grant applications, implementation and roll out of successful bids.
- Undertaking growth opportunity assessment, business case evaluation, pipeline reporting and project planning.
- Developing creative funding applications in partnership with the wider team.
- Managing and operate bid/proposal information systems, including commissioner portals and utilise internal systems and data.
- Assessing tender notices/opportunities, ensuring business case brief, contract risk assessment and due diligence is undertaken for each bid/proposal.
- Producing and submit timely and accurate completion of returns for funders/commissioners.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Possess a proven track record of leading successful applications to grant makers and charitable trusts
- Have experience in corporate fundraising and donor stewardship
- Have experience operating bid/proposal information systems, including commissioner portals and ability to utilise internal systems and data.
- Have experience of a broad variety of business/fundraising opportunities relevant to the charitable sector
- Have a track record of developing innovative business development opportunities
Membership of the Institute of Fundraising would also be advantageous but is not essential.