Volunteering and Training Manager
We are looking for a Volunteering & Training Manager to influence, shape and lead the development and implementation of our clients volunteering & training strategy.
Our client is a compassionate, dynamic and community-focused charity working to alleviate poverty caused by problem debt and lack of financial capability. If you are passionate about helping people, then this role could be for you. It is much more than just a job - you'll get to see peoples' lives changed and dignity restored!
Internal Job Title: Volunteering and Training Manager
Location: Flexible between central London and home based, some travel between local branches
Salary: £25,000-£30,000 p.a. (FTE) depending on experience
Benefits: 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays), 3-6% pension contribution depending on service
Contract type: Permanent, 3-5 days a week (flexible working options available)
Closing Date: 25th February 2021
About the Role:
Our client is a small but expanding charity, they are at a point of growth and expansion and this role will enable the right candidate to help equip the team to make a difference to some of the most vulnerable people in the community.
As Volunteering & Training Manager you will influence, shape and lead the development and implementation of the volunteering and training strategy. You will be part of the operations team working closely with Branch Managers to support the recruitment, development and flourishing of the team. You will need to work with local churches to explore ways to recruit and encourage volunteers to join the team.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Help establish a volunteer framework
- Build strong relationships with partners
- Develop an effective communications process with team members
- Oversee the recruitment process for new volunteers
- Take the lead in pro-actively encouraging a training culture for both volunteers and staff
- Design a training programme making access to training as simple and straightforward as possible
- Work with Branch managers to develop and coordinate volunteer appraisals and feedback
You will be an extremely well organised and competent individual, with demonstrable experience of working with and helping to develop, volunteers and staff. You will be a problem-solver with a pro-active ‘can do’ attitude and be comfortable working without supervision.
You will need to bring with you the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience of working within a non-profit organisation or a church
- Experience of coordinating volunteers
- Experience of planning and delivering training programmes
- Experience of problem-solving, with excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Good IT skills and a strong command of the Microsoft office suite
- An exceptional self-starter with and enthusiasm to learn
- Great communication skills
- A strong ability to show empathy, compassion and patience
- Proven ability to work in a cooperative and flexible manner within a team ethos and a willingness to ‘muck-in’
Above all else our client is looking for an individual who is keen to support and play their part in implementing their vision and be an enthusiastic advocate of the work they do to alleviate poverty. They are a faith based charity and although being a practicing Christian is not an occupational requirement, they are looking for someone that is comfortable with their Christian ethos and champion its core values. If this sounds like you, then apply today with a CV and covering letter explaining how you are a good fit for the role!
Other roles you may have experience of could include: Volunteer Manager, Volunteering Manager, Training Manager, Volunteer Development Coordinator, Volunteer Coordinator, Training Coordinator, Volunteer Recruitment
As part of your application you will be asked to provide an up to date CV as well as a cover letter that address the following points:
- Your motivation for applying for the role
- Why you believe you have the necessary skills
- How you would feel working for a faith based organisation