Content & Publications Officer (Maternity Cover Contract)
Bristol (currently home based due to COVID-19 restrictions)
Development Initiatives (DI) fights the causes of poverty on an international scale through the use of data to help drive sustainable development and the allocation of finance and resources to the right areas at the right time.
We are looking for a Content & Publications Officer to join us on a nine month maternity cover contract, working 32 hours per week.
- Salary of £24,000 – £28,000 pro rata
- Pension scheme with 5% employer contribution
- Healthcare scheme with employee assistance programme
- 25 days’ annual leave pro rata
- Up to five days’ paid leave to volunteer for causes that address poverty and help vulnerable people
- Flexitime and homeworking options
- Smart casual dress code
This is a brilliant opportunity to take on an exciting contract and help shape the voice and image of a forward-thinking not-for-profit with an ambition to transform the world through data.
We are truly passionate about our vision and provide a culture of transparency and innovation where teams are encouraged to think outside the box and empowered to perform at their best.
So, if you’re looking for the chance to be a part of something bigger and utilise your creativity for a fantastic cause, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Content & Publications Officer, you’ll help to bring DI’s print and digital products to life, focusing particularly on producing high-quality content and maintaining our brand integrity.
Reporting to the Content Strategist & Managing Editor, you will:
- Ensure high standards across all our outputs (briefing papers, reports, factsheets, web copy, blogs and multimedia content)
- Manage the content production process, including overseeing external suppliers
- Proofread and edit content
- Help to oversee the publications inbox and calendar
- Develop, maintain and upload website content
- Repurpose content for different channels and audiences
To join us as a Content & Publications Officer, you will need:
- At least two years’ experience of copyediting and proofreading
- At a minimum, two years’ editorial management and/or production experience
- Content creation experience, including writing, rewriting and repurposing copy
- Experience of using web content management systems such as Wagtail and WordPress
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A degree or equivalent
We’d love to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Content Executive, Marketing Executive, Copywriter, Content Writer, Writer, Editor, Communications Executive, Content Officer, or Publications Officer.
The closing date for applications is the 5th February 2021. Interviews are scheduled to be held on the weeks commencing 8th and 15th February 2021.
Webrecruit and Development Initiatives are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Content & Publications Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.