Request for Expressions of Interest:
Consultant for Tusambilile Chapamo Project, Zambia
Sightsavers is seeking to recruit a national consultant to support a European Union funded inclusive education project in Chinsali zone, Muchinga Province, Zambia.
Sightsavers is a disability-focused UK-based international non-governmental organisation working in the fields of health, education and social inclusion. The Tusambilile Chapamo Project will ensure children with disabilities have increased access to a continuum of quality, inclusive education. It will be implemented in in the 18 demonstration centres of learning – two Early Childhood Education and Development (ECED) centres, nine primary schools, three community schools, three secondary schools, and one youth resource centre.
Areas of responsibility
The consultant will be expected to contribute to the successful implementation of the project. Working with Sightsavers Country Office, Zambia and UK based technical staff, the consultant will develop a workplan identifying ways they can contribute to the following areas of activity:
- General project management support as stipulated by Country Director (CD) and Global Technical Leads (GTLs).
- Technical support on issues pertaining to inclusive education and disability.
- Support in the production of donor reports and other project documentation.
- Working with Zambia Country Office and local education stakeholders, design and develop social behaviour change (SBC) materials for teachers and other stakeholders
- The design and delivery of trainings
- Participation in project meetings, including quarterly programme review and oversight (PRO) meetings
- Completion of an annual workplan (2021-2022)
- Contributions to project outputs: donor reports, SBC materials etc.
- Other necessary documentation.
- Consultant specifications Essential
- Fluency in English
- Proactivity and adaptability
- Good team player
- Ability to work independently with minimal external supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high levels of cultural sensitivity
- Excellent IT skills (including familiarity with Word)
- Expertise and experience in inclusive education
- Report-writing expertise, including the ability to write succinctly, relevantly and clearly
- Commitment to person-centred, context-sensitive, participatory international development
- Experience working in Zambia
- Experience working with children with disabilities
- Experience working with health and education systems
This is a highly varied and involved piece of work and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties and requirements. For further information please refer to the Terms of Reference.
The successful candidate will be offered a one-year consultancy contract, renewable annually over the course of the four-year project.
The consultancy will be part time – 20% per year (52 days) per annum.
Terms and conditions will be finalised after discussions with the consultant.
How to express your interest:
To express your interest to undertake this assignment, please complete our Expression of Interest Form and Budget Template available as you complete the application.
As an equal opportunities employer and a Disability Confident Level 3 employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: Midnight (UK time) 7 February 2021