About the role:
We are looking for an experienced and motivated professional to join our Marketing team as a Partner Manager. This role will partner with the Carbon Trust’s business units in business development and delivery of partner work.
The role will include responsibility for:
- Business development support for Carbon Trust business units
- Managing the marketing and communications delivery for the Carbon Trust’s clients
- Creating compelling case studies and business development toolkits
The Carbon Trust's mission is to accelerate the move to a sustainable, low carbon economy. We are independent experts on carbon reduction and resource efficiency, who reinvest surpluses from group commercial activities into our mission.
The Carbon Trust provides innovative advice to governments and businesses around the world to support the global transition to a low carbon economy. We work closely with decision makers and implementers in key institutions in the UK and across multiple emerging and developing countries on low-carbon finance, programmes, policy and technology.
Main duties and responsibilities:
The Partner Manager will have the responsibility to partner with a specific business unit and deliver the following:
- Input into bids and proposals where marketing and communications input is needed
- Participating in business development calls
- Creating compelling marketing toolkits for the Carbon Trust, building on previous case studies and expertise
- Developing and delivering the marketing and communications activity expected in the delivery of client work
- Working with colleagues to bring in brand, design and copywriting expertise from the wider marketing team in order to deliver client work
- Building client relationships and representing clients’ marketing and communications needs to the rest of the business, whilst protecting the interests of the Carbon Trust and its brand integrity
- Feed market and partner insights into the wider marketing team and business to support proposition development and business development
Key skills we are looking for:
- Extensive proven experience in sustainability communications
- Able to work flexibly and multitask across a number of different projects and activities
- Experience of client service and dealing with senior stakeholders across private and public sector (Director/C-Suite)
- Experience of running internationally-focused communications campaigns
- Good knowledge of digital communications and proven experience in how communications integrate with wider marketing campaigns
- Experience working as part of a global team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop positive relationships internally and externally
- High-quality writing skills and the ability to demonstrate dealing with complex subject matter and presenting it for a range of non-technical stakeholder groups
- Positive, can-do, proactive attitude
- Evidence of flexible thinking and delivery of multiple projects at the same time
- Leading project co-ordination skills, including forward planning of resourcing
- Budget management skills
- Experience of contributing to successful bids and proposals for marketing services
- Clear ability to communicate service narrative to directors internally and externally
- Ability to demonstrate and communicate a natural fit and clear alignment with the goals of the Carbon Trust
- Completes own role independently or with minimal supervision
Qualifications and experience:
- Strong integrated marketing and communications experience in a B2B environment working across a range of customer groups
- Experience of planning and implementing significant projects, including utilising digital, social and content marketing
- Experience of brand management and brand licensing
- Experience of delivering multiple campaigns on time and to budget at the same time
- Educated to degree level minimum or equivalent
- Experience of managing agency, supplier and contractor support
- Strong alignment with the values of the Carbon Trust and a clear interest in sustainability
Salary & Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a performance based bonus. Our hours are 37.5 per week with 28 days paid holiday plus bank holidays and a generous pension scheme.
Our head office is in London, close to Blackfriars and Waterloo stations, we offer travel card loans, a cycle to work scheme, company away days and a 24-hour Employee Assistance Helpline.
Joining the Carbon Trust provides an opportunity to work alongside some of the leading practitioners in the low carbon arena so if you are excited by this opportunity and would like to join us please click the apply button.
We are an equal opportunities employer, value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on your skills and experience. We can only accept applications from those who can prove their eligibility to work in the UK. No agencies or publications.
Please be aware that due to the current situation surrounding Covid-19, interviewing and onboarding processes will take place via video conferencing.