Sightsavers are recruiting for an experienced Programme Manager to oversee the development, co-ordination, implementation and management of Sightsavers programmes in Cameroon.
Title: Programme Manager Country Office
Contract: 2 year fixed term contract (with aim of renewing)
Responsible for: 2x Project Officers
Salary: Local terms and conditions apply
Location: Cameroon, Yaoundé
About the role
As Programme Manager, you will be responsible for oversight and coordination of activities relating to various programmes in Cameroon. You will work in collaboration with the Country Director, to ensure that individual projects and programmes in the country programme are being delivered up to agreed organisational quality standards, are based on the best available evidence, and effectively capture and use learning.
As Programme Manager, you will be responsible for strategic programme development, as such the role would suit someone with exceptional project management skills as well as experience of engaging with patterns and stakeholders within the International Development context, ideally within the thematic areas of eye health, social inclusion and/or education.
Some responsibilities include:
- Assist in the development and review of the country strategic plan
- Assist in the identification of new and strategic programs and assist in the development of programs through proposal writing
- Ensure that all aspects of the programmes are effectively monitored and evaluated, and that learning is systematically used to continuously improve all projects and programmes.
- Make regular visits to projects and partners
- Supporting partners and Program Officers to manage all aspects of the project cycle including planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Assist in preparing Budgets for projects
- Network widely with Government and NGOs involved in blindness control, disability and development issues and advise on networks
- Partnership management and development
- Support the development and implementation of advocacy plans/efforts for the country programme
As Programme Manager you will have:
- Degree, or equivalent experience, in relevant field, e.g. Social Sciences, Development Studies, Public Health, Education
- Extensive and demonstrable working experience of all aspects of programme /project management, ideally in an INGO environment
- Experience of practical implementation of programme policies and approaches, budget development, report writing and monitoring and evaluation
- Experience of strategic programme development
- Experience of partnership and stakeholder management and development
- Grant management experience
- Understanding of international development issues and a commitment to equality of opportunity for people with disabilities
- Experience of advocacy work
- Strong French and English skills
- Master’s degree in relevant field, e.g. Social Sciences, Development Studies, Public Health, Education
- Demonstrable experience of line/team management and mentoring
This is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties and requirements. For further information please refer to the Job Description.
As an equal opportunities employer and a Disability Confident Level 3 employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 31 January 2021
Please note that all applications must be in English. To apply, and for further details about the role, please follow the below link.