Sightsavers are recruiting an experienced Programme Officer who will ensure that all Social Inclusion programmes and projects are planned, implemented, monitored and evaluated to the highest possible standards.
Contract: 2 year Fixed Term Contract (with the aim of renewing)
Salary: Local terms and conditions apply
About the Programme Officer Social Inclusion role
The Social Inclusion Programme Officer will be experienced in all aspects of the programme and project cycle, including planning, implementation, partner support and monitoring and evaluation. You will work to enhance the quality of Sightsavers Social Inclusion programmes, to achieve priorities of social inclusion of people with visual impairment and the equality of opportunities for people with disabilities, through both service delivery and advocacy work.
As Programme Officer, you will support partners and stakeholders through all aspects of the project cycle and lead in certain programmatic areas to ensure the effective planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all programmes and projects.
You will assist with financial and resource management by preparing budgets, monitoring expenditure and resources and liaising with partners regarding their financial returns and audits as well as compiling reports and developing strategic plans.
As Social Inclusion Programme Officer, you will confidently communicate relevant information throughout the organisation and to partners, participate in PR activities, represent Sightsavers at various forums and advocate for Sightsavers philosophy, policies and work.
Knowledge, skills and experience for Programme Officer Social Inclusion
- Proven experience implementing programmes in developing country contexts, including experience in social development, rights and empowerment
- Experience of all aspects of project management in community development programmes
- Experience of designing/managing programmes designed to facilitate inclusion of marginalised groups and promote their empowerment at the local, national or international levels.
- Experience of policy and advocacy work in social inclusion, particularly in relation to disability rights, UNCRPD, SDGs, inclusion or social protection.
- Good knowledge of the key international networks and organisations working on social inclusion and disability.
- Experience of partner and stakeholders engagement and support
- Familiarity with international legislation and policies in the field of disability and human rights – in particular the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
- Understanding of international development issues and a commitment to equality of opportunity for people with disabilities
- Strong communication skills in English and French
- A postgraduate qualification, or equivalent experience, in a relevant field e.g social work/gender, disability studies, international development, law, etc.
The Programme Officer for Social Inclusion is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the Job Description for full details.
Interviews are likely to take place mid-February and will consist of a written task, followed by an oral interview, taking place over two days.
As an equal opportunities employer we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply
To apply, and for further details about the role, please click Apply Here