Deputy Care Home Manager / Assistant Care Manager
Salary: £31,545.75 - £34,345.84 pa
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Deputy Care Home Manager to join them on a full time basis at Langdon House in Chesterton. You will assist the Home Manager to deliver a high-quality care service to their residents.
What you’ll do
- Working collaboratively with the Care Home Manager and covering in their absence, to manage the day-to-day organisation of the Care Home, ensuring that they provide high standards of care and welfare, reflecting customer choice at all times.
- Demonstrating and driving continuous improvement in quality of services and support, which assures a good quality of life and health for residents and which contributes to their wellbeing. Ensuring the service meets the requirements of the Care Quality Commission’s Minimum Standards for Residential Care Homes.
- Leading, training and developing a high quality care team, including supervision, mentoring and coaching of care staff.
- Experience of working within a care environment with proven ability to lead and manage a care team
- To be fully aware of, and work within, the requirements of the Care Quality Commission (CQC) for the delivery of care services in a residential setting.
- Ability to work effectively, without direct supervision, to make sound decisions in a timely and appropriate manner and meet deadlines.
- Experience of carrying out audits in a care setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents, their families and friends, as well as colleagues within the service, other areas of the Group and other agencies.
Our client can offer
- 30 days holiday increasing to 35 days inclusive of Bank Holidays, depending on length of service
- Holiday purchase scheme – up to 5 days per year (pro rata for part-time staff)
- Company sick pay scheme
- Refer a Friend Scheme (£250)
- Contributory pension scheme – which both you and them will contribute to Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted gym membership (4 schemes)
- Corporate members of Edenred Travel Club
- Free on site/nearby parking
- Free DBS check
- Full induction
Our client offers a specialist care environment ideal for dementia care. What makes them different is their ongoing commitment to make a positive difference to individual lives and to invest in ongoing organisational training and personal development. If you would like to work for an organisation that provides the type of care that you would expect for your loved ones, they would welcome your application
Please note this position is subject to a clear Enhanced DBS Disclosure. If you are registered with the online DBS Update Service, this may expedite your application process.
As part of the recruitment and selection process candidates will be required to complete online assessments.