Estates Service Manager
Nottingham / Mountsorrel
£40,160 - £45,455 per annum
Full Time (35 hours per week)
Fixed Term Contract until 1st October 2021
Do you have in depth knowledge of current issues relating to the delivery of housing and current experience of managing a team who deliver housing management services? Look no further, our client may have the perfect role for you.
Our client is one of the largest locally based housing organisations in the East Midlands. Across the region they manage over 9,000 homes; house more than 15,000 tenants; provide over 1,500 bed spaces for people with support/care needs, in over 250 properties; and provide more than 950,000 hours of care and support each year.
You will be joining them at an exciting time as they are currently reviewing their processes to reshape the service into one that better meets their customer needs and offers rewarding roles for their fantastic colleagues. Reporting to the Head of Communities, your role will be to manage and support the estates and allocations teams through their transformation project and ensure their colleagues are at the heart of understanding every transaction, identifying efficiencies that will lead to a customer focussed delivery and using their experience to reshape and redefine their roles.
As their Estates Service Manager, you will be involved in a variety of tasks and duties. You will manage area based teams across the East Midlands to deliver estates services which include but are not limited to:
- Working alongside the Head of Communities to support the teams through service redesign and promoting a positive 'can do' culture where colleagues feel valued, heard, included and supported.
- Managing allocations and lettings processes and monitoring these in accordance with statutory requirements, policies and procedures.
- Ensuring effective tenancy management i.e. Successions, mutual exchanges, tenancy breaches and anti-social behaviour.
- Ensuring communal cleaning, health and safety checks, estate inspections and environmental issues are addressed and adhered to.
A full valid driving license and access to a vehicle is essential for this role as you will be expected to travel to various locations and work across their Nottingham and Mountsorrell sites.
Working days and hours:
This post carries 35 hours per week over Monday to Friday. On occasion, you may be required to work out of hours in an emergency or if it is pre-planned.
Their ideal candidate will have substantial experience of working in an Estate/Neighbourhood Management or similar role and as such will be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of housing legislation in relation to the management of social housing. Qualified to NVQ level 4 or equivalent, in Housing or other relevant qualification, you will have experience of overseeing substantial operational budgets as well as proven success in managing a range of staff, preferably within a specialist team.
“The best thing about working in estates management is the positive impact we make on people's lives” – current colleague.
As a thank you to you, their superb benefits package includes:
- c36.5 days leave a year with additional 2 days after 5 years’ service
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan worth up to £875 per year on your routine healthcare costs e.g. Dentist, opticians etc.
- Company Pension Scheme with contributions matched up to 7.5%; including life assurance
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay
- £250 for successful referral of a friend/family member as a Care Assistant or Support Worker
- Employee Recognition Scheme with monetary rewards
- Great learning & development and qualification opportunities
- Paid to train
- Discounted bus passes and gym membership, discounts and cashback at major retailers
- Free access to employee Advice Line; with a 24-hour confidential advice service
- Fantastic flexibility and a great work/life balance
Please note: All successful candidates will be required to take a work related test prior to the interview.
USEFUL TOP TIPS:
- All correspondence will be via your registered email address.
- Previous Applicants need not apply.
As an Equal Opportunities and Disability Confident Employer, our client welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) groups and disabled candidates. As part of their LGBT + Allies Programme, they also welcome applications from members of the LGBT + community and encourage inclusivity in the workplace.
They reserve the right to close this vacancy early if they have sufficient interest.