This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to join a forward-thinking charity and help achieve our exciting growth ambitions. We are looking for an energetic and inspiring Director of Fundraising and Supporter Care who is not afraid to go for it and will spearhead the growth in income set out in our 2025 fundraising strategy, seeking to exceed targets at all times.
Brain Tumour Research is an influential, game-changing, intelligent and focused charity embracing its fantastic supporter base across the UK. Despite the pandemic, Brain Tumour Research is determined to continue its growth trajectory. We are passionate about finding a cure for brain tumours through the establishment of dedicated Brain Tumour Research Centres of Excellence around the UK and increasing the national investment in brain tumour research.
Director of Fundraising and Supporter Care
Location: Head Office in Milton Keynes currently working from home in line with government guidelines
Salary: c. £60,000 per annum
Full Time – Permanent
Reporting to the Chief Executive, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the implementation of the fundraising strategy which seeks to build and improve existing income streams, accelerate the growth in floundering and emerging income streams and invest in growth opportunities.
- Building a portfolio of high value prospects and supporters and a substantial corporate fundraising income stream.
- Developing innovative, enterprising and effective fundraising and supporter care strategies, together with operational plans, that ensure that the organisation exceeds its income targets and builds sustainability and predictability into forward income forecasts
- Inspiring, developing, motivating and leading a dynamic and effective fundraising team that can deliver diverse, innovative and cost-effective activities that exceed the organisation’s fundraising targets
- Being an active member of the leadership team. contributing to the overall strategic direction of the charity and representing the fundraising function at board meetings
- Growing and maintaining relationships with key volunteers and supporter groups, ensuring their needs are met and that they have the support and motivation to extend their volunteer contribution to achieve Brain Tumour Research’s aims
Closing date: Sunday 7th February
Early applications are encouraged, interviews will commence before the closing date if suitable candidates are identified.
Please read the attached full job description and upload your CV with a covering letter, demonstrating why you are a suitable candidate, how you could add value to our organisation and detailing your current salary.
No agencies please.