This client is an is an international membership body. With over have over 120,000 members working across all sectors of the economy, they exist in over 150 countries, serving private, public and third sectors. Going beyond the value they offer to their members, they also have public interest obligations, multiple regulatory roles, and a need to uphold and drive the highest standards for the profession at large. Operating within the not for profit and charities sector, they are driven to deliver innovative member products and services.
Key responsibilities include:
- Helping to develop and maintain social media strategies, encouraging best practice across the regional and international business.
- Development of team skills and manage team development.
- Influencing internal stakeholder expectations.
- Managing external partner and agency relationships.
- Working in a collaborative, innovative and agile fashion to suit the changing ever-nature of social media with excellent planning skills to prioritise team resource.
- Lead on, and launch, social campaigns that cover the organisation's portfolio.
- Develop and monitor performance metrics for analysis and prepare reports, analysis and presentations on social media marketing activities.
- Helping create content (such as copy, video, image) for use across social channels.
- Providing a programme of training, guidance and support for users across the business.
- Helping to raise the profile and engagement of online presence, e.g. through uses of live-tweeting and raising our profile at key events.
- Specific duties will vary from time-to-time in line with departmental requirements.
Key competencies, skills and behaviours necessary for the Social Media Manager role include:
- Strong demonstrable experience of line managing a team and development of team skills.
- Experience in creating, developing and executing social media strategy and plans (including managing content, engagement, platform development and listening tools).
- Good standard of education and experience of working in a busy digital marketing environment.
- Excellent communication skills with impeccable spelling and grammar.
- Clear understanding of the future potential of the social space.
- Must provide examples of developing and executing social media strategies to grow audiences and deliver on social metrics (engagement, reach, conversions).
- An agile mindset to the ever-changing aspects of the social channels, especially the algorithms.
- An organised problem-solver that is excited by a challenge.
- Good training and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, including copywriting/editorial ability.
- Ability to influence and manage expectations to a senior level.
The Social Media Manager is a permanent vacancy, which will ultimately be based in Central London after an initial period of home-working. The position offers a salary of up to £45,000 per annum.