Research & Policy Manager
We are the Education Endowment Foundation (EEF), an independent grant-making charity that is committed to ensuring that children from all backgrounds can fulfil their potential and make the most of their talents.
We offer grants to a variety of organisations, such as schools, local authorities and charities, to trial new projects aiming to help 3 – 18 year olds succeed, whether that’s improving their educational performance, giving them valuable life skills or preparing them for the world of work or further study.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for three Research & Policy Managers to join our team in London.
- Salary of £40,000 - £50,000 per annum DOE
- 27 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- Flexible start and end working times (core hours are 10am and 4pm)
- Flexible working opportunities
- Pension (matched with 5% employer contributions)
- Life insurance cover
- Interest-free season ticket loan and cycle scheme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave pay (conditions apply)
- Access to confidential Employee Assistance Programme
This is an exceptional opportunity for an educational policy professional to enhance their career and take their next step with our ground-breaking organisation.
You’ll have the chance to impact our work and ensure we maintain our direction and continue to make positive advances for children in an educational setting.
As the Research & Policy Manager, you will play a crucial role in supporting the EEF’s work on promoting evidence-informed policy.
Forming part of the team responsible for producing research and advice on education topics, you will also build and maintain high-quality evidence infrastructure across the organisation, and forge relationships with policymakers.
You will lead the quality assurance that the EEF provides for policymakers on teacher professional development reforms (such as the Early Careers Framework) and will be actively involved in the wider EEF research agenda. This will include commissioning and conducting systematic reviews and meta-analyses on key educational topics and supporting the development of a strong evidence infrastructure across the EEF.
To be considered as the Research & Policy Manager, you will need:
- A strong understanding of education policy, particularly around teacher professional development reforms
- To be adept at developing and maintaining strong relationships with key education policymakers, researchers and stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent organisational skills including good planning, prioritisation and time management skills and outstanding attention to detail
- Be proactive, flexible and pragmatic in your approach, with an ability to balance a commitment to rigour with accessibility and impact
Other organisations may call this role Educational Policy Manager, Education Policy Manager, Policy Development Manager, or Education Framework Policy Manager.
How to Apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please download the full Job Description and click the 'apply now' button shown to submit your application. As part of the application, you will be invited to complete an Equal Opportunities section. Completing this section of the application is not mandatory and will not affect or be linked to your application.
The closing date for applications is 3rd February 2021.
First stage interviews are anticipated to take place the week commencing 8th February 2021.
Second stage interviews are anticipated to take place the week commencing 15th February 2021.
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
If you have a disability and can demonstrate that closing this post early would impact on your ability to submit an application in time, please contact our Human Resources team to request arrangements for an application to be submitted within the original time frame.
The EEF is committed to creating a diverse environment and ensuring that all qualified applicants receive equal consideration for employment. We are committed to fair and inclusive recruitment practices (and are open to job shares, secondments, part-time and flexible working schedules).
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.