Trust & Foundation Officer
London, EC1 (currently home based due to COVID-19)
We’re The Mix, a charity that provides free, confidential support for young people aged under 25. We believe all young people should be able to make informed choices about their physical and mental wellbeing so that they can live the lives they choose.
Life is tough, we know that. But support doesn’t have to be. That’s why we’re here to take on the embarrassing problems, weird questions and please-don’t-make-me-say-it-out-loud thoughts that people under 25 have.
We’re now looking for a talented Trust & Foundation Officer to join our team and support our fundraising and income generation efforts particularly in the area of trusts and foundations.
- Salary of £22,000 - £24,000 per annum DOE
- Life assurance
- Flexible working
- 35 days’ holiday including Bank Holidays
- Eyecare vouchers
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Weekly staff socials, plus a summer and Christmas party
- Colleague of the month awards (with the reward of half a day’s extra annual leave)
This is a fantastic opportunity for a fundraising professional to support an organisation that ensures young people have safe spaces where their voices can be heard and they feel supported.
In this vital role, you’ll make sure that we have the funding we need to continue to impact lives and make a difference to young people.
So, if you want to join a friendly and supportive environment that will enable you to grow and develop professionally, we want to hear from you.
As a Trust & Foundation Officer, you will be tasked with generating income for our charity through the implementation of our Trust and Foundations strategy.
Specifically, you will focus on planning and writing funding bids, reporting on previous grants and researching new funding opportunities.
Your role will involve:
- Working to achieve the overall fundraising target
- Researching, developing and writing a range of compelling bids to charitable trusts and foundations
- Occasionally approaching local authorities, government departments and other appropriate organisations for funding matters
- Taking the lead on securing an annual four and five figure income as part of overall trust and foundation target
- Maintaining a database of grants and developing a streamlined system for regular approaches
To be considered, you will need:
- At least six months’ experience in trust and foundations fundraising or within a fundraising team more widely
- Demonstrable experience of developing funding proposals, combined with the ability to explain clear outcomes and impact
- A good understanding of where to source information on trusts and foundations with the research skills to identify new funding opportunities
- Experience of securing funding in excess of £10,000
- Knowledge of fundraising practice and standards
- Experience of working with budgets and meeting income targets
- The ability to plan and execute funding applications with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for supporting young people
- Outstanding administration skills with strong attention to detail
- To be motivated to support a successful charity through achieving income targets and enjoy building strong internal and external relationships
- Strong Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and SharePoint) skills
- An interest and enthusiasm for using digital for good
Other organisations may call this role Fundraising Officer, Trust Funding Officer, Statutory Funding Officer, Trust Partnership Officer, Trusts Fundraiser, Grants Officer, Grants Fundraiser, Fundraiser, Fundraising Officer, Fundraising Executive, or Trusts & Foundations Fundraising Officer.
The closing date for applications is the 31st January 2021.
Webrecruit and The Mix are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Trust & Foundation Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.