Salary Scale: £33,461
Accountable to: Family Coach Service Manager
Hours: 37 hours a week
Contract: Fixed Term Contract 10 Months
Shared Lives Plus is the UK-wide membership network for two innovative and well-established forms of support and shared living, reaching 15,000 people between them. We are now seeking a Family Coach to join us for a 10 month, fixed term contract.
We have 12 months’ funding, with the aim of winning more, to work with The Australian Centre for Social Innovation (TACSI), Stoke City Council and the Dept for Education Stoke Opportunity Area, to bring Family by Family to the UK from Australia, where it has been developed with and for families for ten years. This is part of our mission to develop and scale innovative and ‘asset-based’ support approaches to supporting people.
Family by Family’s (FbyF) vision is to see all families thrive, not just survive. The Family Coach is responsible for building teams of Sharing Families and increasing their capability to enable effective change for Seeking Families. Coaches motivate, inspire and problem-solve with families who have faced many different challenges and stresses in their lives, ranging from experiencing social isolation through to engagement with the child protection system. Family Coaches facilitate, rather than drive change.
Service Delivery and Operational Responsibilities
- Provide excellent service that is family focused and meets quality benchmarking requirements
- Undertake recruitment of families supporting and guiding them through the legal documentation requirements inc DBS
- Facilitate group coaching by encouraging sharing, discussion and learning from one another with particular emphasis on safety
- Create a fun environment that keeps families engaged and wanting to be involved, ensuring all interactions lead to good experiences and family outcomes
- Share practice wisdom and decision-making strategies
- Provide inspiration and motivation to drive family led change and goal achievement
- Provide leadership to families by recognising and celebrating effort but also by challenging when necessary
- Provide coaching updates to the Operations Manager in a timely manner to monitor programme performance
- Ensure key risks are assessed and managed within a coaching framework
- Maintain accurate and timely case notes of all interactions with families and stakeholders
- Ensure the accurate recording of data in the Family by Family platform
- Develop strong relationships with Kids Coaches and provide them with information and support that may facilitate their role
- Develop good relationships with stakeholders, service providers and the local community that contributes towards programme growth and expansion
- Represent Family by Family in delivering presentations, reports and case studies
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of Family by Family services, systems and resources with a particular focus on client focused practice
- Work within the service framework
- Comply with organisational financial procedures
- Regularly attend team meetings
Essential Training / Qualifications
- Hold an NVQ 3 qualification in Social Care, Childcare/Teaching, or equivalent experience
- Ability to attend all compulsory training required by the organisation for your position within allocated timeframe
Essential Experience / Knowledge
- Professional experience working with families, young people, and children
- Knowledge and experience of working with volunteers
- Experience in applying a strength based and community development approach to enabling change
- Experience in planning, delivery and evaluation of group work and training
- Knowledge of community resources and experience in networking with other service providers
- Knowledge and understanding of child protection and risk management in social services
To apply for this Family Coach role, please select the apply button and send us your updated CV and Supporting Statement.
Your Supporting Statement should be kept to a minimum of two pages and should include:
- Why you want to work for the shared living sector
- How you meet the requirements of each area of the person specification (please download job description for personal specification etc) showing:
- Relevant skills and experience
- How your knowledge, values and attitude make you a suitable candidate
- How you would meet the practical requirements of the job
Closing date: 9am, 1st February 2021
Pre-interviews to be held via zoom on the week commencing the 1st – 5th February 2021
Full Interviews to be held via zoom on the week commencing the 8th – 12th February 2021
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Family Coach, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Wellbeing Coach, Community Support Worker, Family Support Worker, Family Engagement Worker, Family Hub Worker, Family Support Caseworker, or Family Services Caseworker.