Family Coach / Service Manager
Salary Scale: £38,689 per annum
Accountable to: Lead Co-ordinator
Hours: 37 hours a week
Contract: Fixed term contract 10 months
Shared Lives Plus is the UK-wide membership network for two innovative and well-established forms of support and shared living, reaching 15,000 people between them. We are now seeking a Family Coach / Service Manager to join us for a 10 month, fixed term contract.
We have 12 months’ funding, with the aim of winning more, to work with The Australian Centre for Social Innovation (TACSI), Stoke City Council and the Dept for Education Stoke Opportunity Area, to bring Family by Family to the UK from Australia, where it has been developed with and for families for ten years. This is part of our mission to develop and scale innovative and ‘asset-based’ support approaches to supporting people.
Family by Family’s (FbyF) vision is to see all families thrive, not just survive. The Family Coach / Service Manager is responsible for leading the day to day operations of the programme across the agreed neighbourhood within Stoke-on-Trent. An effective and experienced leader, the Service Manager will ensure the goals, aspirations and contractual obligations of the team are met. They will motivate and problem solve with Coaches and Families who have faced many different challenges and stresses in their lives.
The key responsibilities of the Family Coach / Service Manager will be:
- Ensure service delivery of Family by Family is client focused and of a consistently high standard
- Lead the strategic development and planning of service delivery for the programme to ensure its effectiveness, growth, value and longevity
- Provide practical support in the day-to-day operational running of the programme
- Develop, implement and maintain consistent best practice service delivery standards, processes and offerings which also align to the Family by Family approach to family support
- Ensure the service promotes optimal client access and addresses equity issues
- Drive programme performance to meet stretch targets rather than just contractual obligations
- Propose and deliver continuous improvement initiatives relating to service delivery systems, processes and offerings to ensure quality outcomes are delivered and fidelity points of the programme are not compromised
- Recruit and train new employees
- Develop employees’ capability by providing supervision, sharing extensive practice wisdom and clinical decision-making strategies for Family Coaches and the broader team
- Ensure employees are meeting programme quality and fidelity expectations and are meeting benchmarks as articulated in collaboration with Family by Family Australia
- Lead volunteer recruitment and training
- Hold a Degree level qualification in Social Work, Teaching, equivalent degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to attend all compulsory training required by the organisation for your position within allocated timeframe
- Professional experience in the delivery of community support services
- Proven experience in the effective leadership, management and development of teams within a collaborative environment
- Highly proficient and professional experience working with families
- Knowledge and experience of working with volunteers
- Experience in applying a strength based and community development approach to enabling change
- Experience in planning, delivery and evaluation of group work and training
- Knowledge of community resources and experience in networking with other service providers
- Knowledge and understanding of child protection and risk management in social services
To apply for this Family Coach / Service Manager role, please select the apply button and send us your updated CV and Supporting Statement.
Your Supporting Statement should be kept to a minimum of two pages and should include:
- Why you want to work for the shared living sector
- How you meet the requirements of each area of the person specification (please download job description for personal specification etc) showing:
Relevant skills and experience
How your knowledge, values and attitude make you a suitable candidate
How you would meet the practical requirements of the job
Closing date: 9am, 8th February 2021
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Family Coach / Service Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Wellbeing Coach, Project Manager, Community Support Service Manager, Family Services Manager, or Community Services Manager.