Music for Youth (MFY) presents life changing performance opportunities for the UK's talented young musicians through a large scale programme of high quality music festivals, public concerts and specialist events, including digital, delivered in partnership with major concert halls, arts venues, music education providers and professional artists.
Established 50 years ago, MFY is a unique national organisation with a strong and established reputation, reaching over 60,000 musicians annually, and showcasing the most talented young performers at its prestigious and spectacular Prom concerts in London's Royal Albert Hall.
As the organisation moves into the next phase of its development, MFY now seeks a Head of Development who will be responsible for securing new funding partners and overall responsibility for the delivery of fundraising income.
Location: Flexible working including MFY London office, Somerset House, Strand. The job will include some UK travel where overnight stays may be necessary.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- To develop and implement a broad reaching fundraising strategy, to diversify income streams, and engage new funding partners to meet financial targets
- To provide creative, focused leadership to achieve a step change in fundraising
- To lead the development team, set and monitor the departmental budget, tracking income targets and delegating responsibility within your team as appropriate
- To be personally responsible for identifying, applying for and securing new funding from new corporate relationships.
- To ensure all donors receive the highest level of care, stewardship and delivering on all agreed outcomes
- To develop a strategy for securing high net worth individual donors, working with the Chief Executive and Board contacts to deliver overseeing individual stewardship plans for each donor.
Skills & Experience
- Ability to develop effective relationships at senior level with external partners, key influencers and opinion formers
- Proven fund raising skills
- Entrepreneurial and commercial outlook, with ability to initiate and close a deal
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including diplomacy and negotiating skills
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Strong financial management skills
- Ability to give and take direction
- Interest in arts and music education sector, with knowledge of relevant funding landscape
- Interest in a wide variety of music
- Interest in the social and educational development of young people through music
- Clear, creative and strategic thinker
- People leadership
- Confident decision maker, who takes a collaborative approach
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Works well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Committed to equal opportunity and positive action to address disadvantage
- Flexible approach to working hours given the nature of the business
Knowledge of arts and music education sector, and relevant funding landscape (desirable).
Music for Youth is a delivery organisation, presenting live and digital events. As a small team it is essential that all staff members are able and willing to take a hands on approach to ensure that all events are delivered on time and to the highest quality.
Contract: Full-time,12 months fixed term contract.
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 depending on experience with annual salary review
To apply please send your C.V and personal statement via 'Apply Now'
Closing date: 10am, 25th January 2021
Interviews are expected to take place on Monday, 1st February 2021
The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS Check.
Music for Youth is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
REGISTERED CHARITY NO. 285831