Music for Youth (MFY) presents life changing performance opportunities for the UK's talented young musicians through a large scale programme of high quality music festivals, public concerts and specialist events, including digital, delivered in partnership with major concert halls, arts venues, music education providers and professional artists. Established 50 years ago, MFY is a unique national organisation with a strong and established reputation, reaching over 60,000 musicians annually, and showcasing the most talented young performers at its prestigious and spectacular Prom concerts in London's Royal Albert Hall.
As the organisation moves into the next phase of its development MFY now seeks a Development Manager who will have overall responsibility for delivery of Trust and Foundation income, managing and servicing key stakeholder relationships including reporting. Working closely with the Head of Development, the successful candidate will be involved in securing new funding partners.
Location: Flexible working including MFY London office, Somerset House, Strand. The job will include some UK travel where overnight stays may be necessary.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Managing relationships with trusts and foundations that support the work of the charity
- Developing relationships with trusts and other grant giving bodies
- Taking a lead in stakeholder management at live events and promoting the charity’s key messages/ activities in order to secure funding for our charitable activities.
- Researching current and prospective trusts and foundations and identifying funding potential and most effective methods of engagement.
- Preparing bid applications for new and existing Trusts.
Skills & Experience
- A proven track record of successfully securing five and six figure sums from grant giving trusts and foundations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong relationship and stakeholder management skills.
- Proven track record in building successful relationships with stakeholders.
- The ability to think strategically and manage a large and complex workload, prioritising competing demands.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to work in a participative, cross- organisational way.
- Competent in using ThankQ or similar fundraising database with excellent IT skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels.
- Motivated and outgoing.
- Positive attitude with ‘can do’ approach.
- Team player with collaborative approach.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Works well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of arts and music education sector, and relevant funding landscape (desirable).
Music for Youth is a delivery organisation, presenting live and digital events. As a small team it is essential that all staff members are able and willing to take a hands on approach to ensure that all events are delivered on-time and to the highest quality.
Contract Full-time,12 months fixed term contract.
Salary £28 - 32,000 depending on experience
To apply please send your C.V and personal statement via 'Apply Now'
Closing date: 10am, 25th January 2021
Interviews are expected to take place on 29th January or 1st February 2021
The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS Check.
Music for Youth is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
REGISTERED CHARITY NO. 285831